Leave a comment:

• ZombieSatty
    replied
    Looked at it sitting in dormancy.

Soon SLno1, soon.

Leave a comment:

• nad
    replied
    Monday i put fuel in the parts car and aired up the tires, but it wouldn't run. It would turn and sputter, then die. It "ran" for about 2 minutes while i held the throttle wide open, but it died when i tried to let it idle.

Yesterday, i got the alternator out of the acadia and tried to get the passenger front wheel bearing out but it was stuck.

Today, i went at it pretty hard with a 10 pound hammer. Got the new one in, i need to have that alternator checked before i order a new one so i don't buy unneeded parts. Plus i got the head for the sWagon back from the shop today. Had them plane the deck to ensure flatness and drilled a new hole for a second temp sensor.

Leave a comment:

• SilverRose
    replied
    Sadly gave my 01 SL2's last cleaning as i will unfortunately be selling her soon. Blaze on my little golden inferno

Leave a comment:

• nad
    replied
    Worked on the parts car for a minute. It needs the tires filled up and some fresh gas and it should fire up.

Leave a comment:

• nad
    replied
    Originally posted by SC2Sick View Post

The Rosemount one sadly only had a single S series on Sunday, I should have called you when I was up at the East Bethel one. I had to pull a clutch pedal and master cylinder to prep things for my conversion.

I was busy on sunday anyway. I do need to make another JY run soon though. More parts are needed.

Leave a comment:

• SC2Sick
    replied
    Originally posted by nad View Post
    I went to the junk yard and got myself some new calipers for my car and a "new" TAM.

By the way, if anyone in the MN area wants an MP2 or to pull one and make some money there are a couple of them in the East Bethel U Pull R Parts. I would have grabbed one but i just didn't have the time.
    The Rosemount one sadly only had a single S series on Sunday, I should have called you when I was up at the East Bethel one. I had to pull a clutch pedal and master cylinder to prep things for my conversion.

Leave a comment:

• SHRacerX
    replied
    Hello Everyone....In the process of acquiring a Gen 1 SC2, and I am looking for some performance parts online and can't find a thing. Any sites you all recommend? I'm looking for intake and exhaust, specifically

Leave a comment:

• nad
    replied
    I went to the junk yard and got myself some new calipers for my car and a "new" TAM.

By the way, if anyone in the MN area wants an MP2 or to pull one and make some money there are a couple of them in the East Bethel U Pull R Parts. I would have grabbed one but i just didn't have the time.

Leave a comment:

• SMGordon1259
    replied
    Johnny 5 alive

Leave a comment:

• slowion2
    replied
    If it's all already out, just do it. You have it out of the car, you can clean it much better than you would have otherwise. Disassemble, Johnny 5.

Leave a comment:

• nad
    replied
    Originally posted by slowion2 View Post

You could maybe do a compression test, but for the time it'll take you might as well do a piston soak over night and run all that crap out the next morning, then do an oil change since it'll definitely contaminate the oil. If you think you could use it, just go ahead and do it, you'll be glad you did.
    The engine is out of the car and the head is off the block. I"m trying to avoid pulling the crank shaft and such.

Leave a comment:

• slowion2
    replied
    Originally posted by nad View Post
    Started cleaning up the old oil pan. I might just wait till i get the other car here to see how that pan looks.

Is there anyway to check the piston rings while the pistons are still in the car?
    You could maybe do a compression test, but for the time it'll take you might as well do a piston soak over night and run all that crap out the next morning, then do an oil change since it'll definitely contaminate the oil. If you think you could use it, just go ahead and do it, you'll be glad you did.

Leave a comment:

• nad
    replied
    Started cleaning up the old oil pan. I might just wait till i get the other car here to see how that pan looks.

Is there anyway to check the piston rings while the pistons are still in the car?

Leave a comment:

• slowion2
    replied
    102816558_329598048010156_8650779779352128892_n.jpg

Finally got the Konigs on! Only a handful of things left before she's back in action at events again.

Leave a comment: