No announcement yet.

What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the motor i have been slowly building as a replacement for my 20$ craigslist motor stripped a cam shaft bolt. I went to the junkyard today and grabbed another head, and a passenger side knuckle.

Earth day so everything is 53% off.
    Originally posted by alexofnazareth
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

• I bought a 93 sc2 127,000 miles twin cam 5 speed. I bought the car not running previous owner did a clutch job because it was slipping. Under initial inspection I found the clutch pedal was
      stuck to the floor and I found the clutch hydraulic rod to the pedal bent. So I straightened it out and was able to activate the neutral safety switch but the starter just free spins. I looked for a loose wire and all was good so a quick tap and the starter spun the motor but only a quarter inch. Someone cut a hole in the bell housing of the transmission so I look up inside and it looks like the throw out bearing is inside the pressure plate. So the transmission need to be separated and maybe fix the problem. How it got there I have no clue….. until the next time

Comment

• Originally posted by axxer4200 View Post
        I bought a 93 sc2 127,000 miles twin cam 5 speed. I bought the car not running previous owner did a clutch job because it was slipping. Under initial inspection I found the clutch pedal was
        stuck to the floor and I found the clutch hydraulic rod to the pedal bent. So I straightened it out and was able to activate the neutral safety switch but the starter just free spins. I looked for a loose wire and all was good so a quick tap and the starter spun the motor but only a quarter inch. Someone cut a hole in the bell housing of the transmission so I look up inside and it looks like the throw out bearing is inside the pressure plate. So the transmission need to be separated and maybe fix the problem. How it got there I have no clue….. until the next time
        I love me a 1st gen SC twin cam 5 speed. Does it have the factory oil pressure gauge?

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Comment

• Originally posted by importsdontlikeme View Post

I love me a 1st gen SC twin cam 5 speed. Does it have the factory oil pressure gauge?
          No unfortunately it does not have the oil pressure gauge. That would’ve been a nice addition

Comment

• I started pulling the knuckle off my sWagon. Ended up breaking one ratchet and an adapter.

Will continue tomorrow.
            Originally posted by alexofnazareth
            Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

• I was able to get to the 93 sc2 today. I separated the transmission about 3 inches and I was able to repair the pivot clip, it was a bit stretched and the clutch fork didn’t want to stay attached. Also the previous owner possibly installed the throw out bearing incorrectly so I re-seated it and it seems to work fine now!!!!

Comment

• Today I started chasing an issue where my 93 sc2 would die when I step on the brakes the car would die. I tested a bunch of vacuum and found nothing. I found an article relating to the same issue stating there was an issue with the ground pack in the trunk. I was able to de pin them and wire brush everything tighten all the terminals and re install now the car doesn’t die. Also i disassembled the first 1g dash to address a dimmer switch that I suspected was the culprit for no dash lights on my cluster. I found that the dimmer switch has a thin metal retainer that popped off and allowed the the dimmer roller to not make contact so no dash lights. It also appeared that the drivers seat was layed back and wouldn’t adjust but I found that the actual seat back was bent like his old lady rode him a bit hard in the front seat. So I got in the back seat and muscled it back straight. Lastly I welded the muffler back on so I can get it smogged and transferred so it can sit for a year …. Til my daughter starts driving

Comment

• Walked past the car. stared at the incomplete header flange i need to finish machining so i can start welding it all together. nevermind the oil/coolant heat exchanger and zerex G05 i need to put into the cooling system.
                  http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=62687.0

Comment