No announcement yet.

What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an email from Advanced Auto. the dealer didn't have my Crankshaft in stock so they refunded my money. I should have that back in a few days.

The search continues....
    Originally posted by alexofnazareth
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nad View Post
      Got an email from Advanced Auto. the dealer didn't have my Crankshaft in stock so they refunded my money. I should have that back in a few days.

The search continues....
      https://crankshaftsupply.com/product...c-116ci-18091/

They're in the cities
      Sixthsphere.com Owner
      2016 Honda Fit
      2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
      2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

• What I see...
        IMG_0187.JPG
        What my girlfriend sees...
        4ducks.jpg
        What my boss sees...
        clox.jpg

Comment

• For me that would be:

What i see.
          What my kids see.
          What my wife sees.

Comment

• Armrest installed, had to buy M8 phillips head screws and M8 u-nuts to mount it. I like it, feels like a different car.
            2002 Saturn SC1, Metallic Orange , L24 EFI 1.9 , 208,498 miles

Comment

• Today, had a much smarter fabricator than I take a look at the throttle shaft for an opinion. I showed him this TB on a Honda J-series and was pointing out the dual pulleys and threaded throttle shaft and explaining my idea to add a second pulley to the Geo TB by simply drilling the end of the shaft and screwing it on.
              IMG_0190.JPG

He suggested that perhaps I had smoked too much crack and that my idea would only work for a short time before failure. He wants me to remove the one from the Geo TB...the "D" of the shaft end is what we need for proper mounting and the hole drilled in the end would just be for retention since the swedged end of the shaft was Rochester's cheaper way of manufacturing it. The indexing is slightly different, but another idea is to fab a bracket with the standard 1/2 hole for the throttle cable to click into mounted in a threaded insert, to add the additional adjustment that many vehicles had back in the days of cable-operated TB's, as this Honda does. Perhaps I should start a thread just for this topic, as I continue with it and get a little farther...but this is what I did today!

Oh, and the driver side front corner of my head gasket is just starting to externally seep out some coolant now and then...some odors and little stains led me to notice it...no noticeable drop in coolant level yet. I don't know the exact mileage on the engine, I'd guess 350k or so, with thousands of full throttle pulls thru 2-3-4 gears. It smokes a bit sometimes at WOT, like any typical Saturn 1.9 with high miles. I've got a couple used engines in storage, but my crown jewel of the collection is a zero-mile 96 complete one from a dealer cut-away car...it's just pretty dirty inside from sitting for years with only half a valve cover on it. Gonna have to dig it out soon, not sure if the old motor will last long with a larger TB and more flogging...

Comment

• Got the heater core hose out of the taurus. I'd say it was time for a new one.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Those Taurus pics remind me of my brother-in-law’s 90s Dodge Daytona under-hood after maybe only 5 years on Toronto’s crappy salt-laden winter streets. Your Ford did far better as I suspect it’s got to be approaching 25 years?

as an aside- I still miss my ‘92 SL2. Gotta get a proper garage again.
                  Last edited by awelch37; 03-31-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by awelch37 View Post
                    Those Taurus pics remind me of my brother-in-law’s 90s Dodge Daytona under-hood after maybe only 5 years on Toronto’s crappy salt-laden winter streets. Your Ford did far better as I suspect it’s got to be approaching 25 years?

as an aside- I still miss my ‘92 SL2. Gotta get a proper garage again.
                    it's a 2002. It was my neighbors and someone smashed out a window and went through her glove box. Then it rained for 2 weeks straight. I told her if she paid for the parts, i would fix her car so she could sell it to her aunt. I spent 50$ on a window and front passneger seat at the Junk Yard. then ripped out the carpet. She paid me 90$ for the parts and the work. then a few months later told me her aunt didn't want the car and asked if i wanted it, she just needed to find the title for it.

Year and a half later, she still hadn't found the title so she just gave me a bill of sale and let me take it for nothing. I spent 100$ at the DMV to get a bonded title for it.

All in all, after the title and the new hose, i've spent 90$ on this car.

Comment

• Your patience has paid off. That’s a fantastic deal.

My dad bought a new ‘96 Taurus (3.0 L) and kept it for 16 years. It was quite a reliable. The only thing I remember needing unexpected attention was a brake lines due to rust perforation.

Good luck.

Comment

• Got 4 new tires, I think Saturday will be a good day to replace the front brake calipers, they need it bad.found some valve stem caps with Saturn Branding

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32426580443...53.m1438.l2649
                        2002 Saturn SC1, Metallic Orange , L24 EFI 1.9 , 208,498 miles

Comment

• Drove my 95, messed with the fueling a bit and also was able to get my tps accel enrich smoothed out. Still have to straighten out my drain line issue.

Comment