No announcement yet.

What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still haven't gotten back to the JY to return that bad alt.

I HAVE, however, pulled the parts car home and have started ripping it apart.

There is a mouse living in the rear drivers side door sil. little bugger hasn't moved out of the car, i can see him every time i go into that door. I have set a mouse trap, but he just runs around it.
    Originally posted by alexofnazareth
    Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

• Scored a set of Factory Service Manuals
      Attached Files

Comment

• (Pre-story time. The dealership that i go through gives out unlimited mile warranties on the drive trains of their vehicles. If the engine or transmission die, it'll cost me 200$ and the replace it with a used component that they usually rebuild before installation. My engine died one day a few months ago when under near zero stress, I was making a left turn from a stoplight. took them nearly a month to replace the engine.)

The motor died again last night in the wife's 2010 Acadia. This is the second motor to poop out on me in three month.

Not happy with the dealership.

Comment

• I got all the stuff off the parts car i wanted.

I will be calling the recycling center tomorrow to come take it away.

I have until then to decide if i want to also pull the rear subframe and the gas tank. It's still up in the air.

Comment

• The battery died in my 02 SC2. I have a red top optima battery that didn't fit because of the negative cable was about 1/2" too short. Found my negative battery cable from my 98 SC2 and swapped it in. The car is happy again for now.
            www.cardomain.com/id/sp1k3

Comment

• I bought the parts car from my brother in law a few years ago and never got the title for it. And now the recycling center wont take it without said title (how dare they follow the law?!?).

So i'm gonna have to call around and see if i can find somewhere else that will take it as is. Other wise i'll have to see if i can get a bill of sale and see if that will be good enough for these guys.

Comment

• Just cut it into pieces and take it to a metal scrap place. That's how I disposed of chunks of my RHD when I was done with it.
                Sixthsphere.com Owner
                2016 Honda Fit
                2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
                2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

• Originally posted by SC2Sick View Post
                  Just cut it into pieces and take it to a metal scrap place. That's how I disposed of chunks of my RHD when I was done with it.
                  I found the number of a guy who will take cars without a title. I got busy today so i wasn't able to call him until about 4:30. I might have to wait till monday to get rid of it.

Comment

• I blew the radiator in my Sequoia Saturday morning on my way to work and had to leave it in the parking lot of the gas station 20 minutes from where i live. Finally got my hands on a trailer and towed it home with the help of my brother in law today.

Just finished pulling the bad radiator out and am now waiting for the new one to show up in the mail.

Comment

• Tried to jump start it, so I could use its shop space. Note I said tried.

Maybe the gas has gone bad in the tank.
                      It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment