No announcement yet.

What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I started putting the sub frame and hubs back on the parts car so i can dolly it home. Turns out the bolts and junk are not in the back seat like i thought.

Now i have to take the bolts off my "good" car,
    to put them on the parts car,
    so i can tow it home,
    and take parts off it for the "good" car.

Also, i cleaned off the old Head Gasket surface on the block of the rebuild motor.

Comment

• tried to change out the CV axle in the Sequoia. Couldn't get the old shaft out of the diff.

Got frustrated and quit.
      Originally posted by alexofnazareth
      Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

• Well I wanted to do this properly but I thought The valve cover does not leak so no I will do a cheap job on it until the need for a gasket arises. in the mean time I think this will work for now

valve cover 1.jpg
        2002 Saturn SC1, Metallic Orange , L24 EFI 1.9 , 208,498 miles

Comment

• Found these two marks on both the number 1 and 2 pistons. Valves look ok though.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Did your belt slip at some time?

Comment

• Originally posted by awelch37 View Post
              Did your belt slip at some time?
              Uncertain.

I bought a used 98 SW2 that got 14 miles to a quart of oil (Mathematical fact) for 400$, and swapped out the engine with a freshly rebuilt one i had.

I don't know the history of it, but i can tell it's not original motor. and when the previous "mechanic" (?) worked on it, they didn't use the proper torque sequence on the head. The bolts closest to the timing chain needed a breaker bar with a cheater extension. The bolts furthest only needed my 3/8 drive ratchet. I fear the head is warped beyond repair at this point.

Comment

• I wish you well with that engine. Hopefully the block / rods/ crank are healthy.

It’s been 3 years since I had to give up my ‘92 SL2 (owned since new). But I still come to this forum to hear what’s going on. I want to get another gen 1 or 2 Saturn once I get access to a decent workspace again.

Comment

• They look like relief cuts, not damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by cgg17 View Post
                    They look like relief cuts, not damage.
                    on top of the piston, yes, those are relief cuts. But on the bottom, right by my fingers. Those marks are only on 2 pistons, the same side that the head bolts were over torqued.

Comment

• Broke my timing cover on Saturday night so I got one from a wrecking yard today and stuck it in the ultrasonic cleaner overnight. Tomorrow I'll be machining the top of it down .070 so the VC seals correctly. Also need to do a little machine work to adjust the new timing gears my girlfriend bought me. I might get it on the dyno this week or next week. I wanna know how much a stock engine has in it before the cam install and eventually nitrous.

I'm just worried about crashing the valves into the pistons. Maybe someone can lend some insight. I've never set LSA in a DOHC.
                      Last edited by Yerboogieman; 05-27-2020, 12:03 PM.
                      Beige 93 SC2, fully loaded, MS3 Pro, nitrous, Walbro 255, high compression. 155hp/296hp
                      Purple 93 SC2, Minus all options, but with rear discs. Turbocharged with a GT25R. MS2. 290hp
                      99 SC2 White Hot, 97 SC2 M/T 106k

Comment

• Drilled more spot welds out of the RHD firewall. Possibly by this weekend I may have the engine come out of the SC2 to start the crazy part...
                        Sixthsphere.com Owner
                        2016 Honda Fit
                        2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
                        2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

• Tried to jump start the Tore Ass, but the jump pack i have just doesn't cut it. It works great for my riding lawn mower, but hasn't been able to jump a car in over a year.

Comment

• Went out for a drive, haven't been out much the last 3 months. Blew the upper radiator hose 20 miles from home. looked like factory hose. I better replace the lower one now before it blows away from home. Stay safe
                            2002 Saturn SC1, Metallic Orange , L24 EFI 1.9 , 208,498 miles

Comment