No announcement yet.

What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I pulled the fuel pump out of the Datsun last night. I think the lack of fuel might be the reason why it's not starting.... (i'm a dumbass). But i found one of the floats was over extended and stuck which might, might, explain why my fuel gauge never worked. I'll find a shop vac somewhere to suck out all that old gas, add some new stuff and reinstall that pump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nadd View Post
      I'll find a shop vac somewhere to suck out all that old gas, add some new stuff and reinstall that pump.
      Please be careful as shop vacs don't necessarily have spark-free motors. They are an ignition hazard / not rated for flammable liquids.

Comment

• I used this pump:
        https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-...ump-63144.html

A siphon works too. I've used a shop vac to get a siphon going, rather than suck on a gas line. Just choose something clear so you can see it coming.
        '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
        Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
        Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
        '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by siris View Post
          Hello all, I'm not dead. Wagon is still in pieces, rest of the turds are still in faithful service. I can get antique tags on the wagon this year, so no more state inspections. Yay! I'll get it together this spring. It had gotten pretty hard to get the car inspected because of the boost actuated cut out on the downpipe and the coilovers. I plan to be more active on here again when I start getting the turd back together.
          I think you should make me a shift linkage instead and let the wagon sit another year or two.
          Beige 93 SC2, fully loaded, MS3 Pro, nitrous, Walbro 255, high compression. 155hp/296hp
          Purple 93 SC2, Minus all options, but with rear discs. Turbocharged with a GT25R. MS2. 290hp
          99 SC2 White Hot, 97 SC2 M/T 106k

Comment

• Thank you awelch37 and Waiex191, i didn't even think about that. Glad i hadn't gotten to it yet. I have a small hand crank pump. but the problem with that is i need 2 hands to turn the pump so i can't aim the hose where it needs to go.

I mean, i should be fine just filling up the tank with new good gas since the tank is so low that the car will not run. But I'd rather just clean it all out.

Comment

• Finally got around to getting 2 inch cat back exhaust welded with turbo muffler and this this exhaust tip

Comment

• I got the 2" cat back installed finally with this nice dual tip

Comment

• Originally posted by soberservice View Post
                  I got the 2" cat back installed finally with this nice dual tip
                  I like the wheels
                  Sixthsphere.com Owner
                  2016 Honda Fit
                  2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
                  2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

• Spent a few hours putting a LOC in the wife's mustang. It's a convertible so i can't just splice into the wires under the rear deck. I had to tap into the wires at the head unit. Wasn't a fun time. Then i mounted the sub into a different box and wired it all up. Next chance i get to work on her car I'll run the power and ground wires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yerboogieman View Post

I think you should make me a shift linkage instead and let the wagon sit another year or two.
                      I'll get some pics of how I built it while it's out of the car. The welds are ugly, but it works.

On a side note, my wife's Armada has load leveling rear suspension. It has a stand alone controller in the rear of the truck. The controller died, and cost $240 to replace. I built one with an Arduino, used a 12v to 9v buck converter, and a 5v relay board that cost $25 shipped. A few hours of c++ code and viola, a completely customizable air ride controller.
                      72 Charger: pissed me off, on jackstands.
                      95 SW1m: Dohc swap. DD. I can haz boost?

Comment

• Originally posted by siris View Post

I'll get some pics of how I built it while it's out of the car. The welds are ugly, but it works.
                        Looking forward to it.
                        Beige 93 SC2, fully loaded, MS3 Pro, nitrous, Walbro 255, high compression. 155hp/296hp
                        Purple 93 SC2, Minus all options, but with rear discs. Turbocharged with a GT25R. MS2. 290hp
                        99 SC2 White Hot, 97 SC2 M/T 106k

Comment

• Swapped over the AMRs to the Wagon. Working on moving the good black interior bits over as well as a better way to mount my SRT4 seats in there. I need to figure out if wagon rear seat belts are similar enough to sedan ones to get rid of the tan bits.

Originally posted by Donnie
                          I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
                          Originally posted by BC. Livewire
                          if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Comment

• Jump started my mom's Envoy and moved it out of the way.

Jump started the Datsun and went up and down the road. Half way back, the AFM fell off and the car sputtered to a stop. I didn't think about it until i towed the car back. Derr....

My brother in law dropped off the Taurus. I jump started that and took it up and down the road. It's pretty nice for a free car. Too bad i never got the title for it.

Comment

• Washed and waxed, Filled the gas, changed the oil, checked the tire pressure. ready to cruise
                              2002 Saturn SC1, Metallic Orange , L24 EFI 1.9 , 208,498 miles

Comment

• Cut the front off
                                Attached Files
                                Sixthsphere.com Owner
                                2016 Honda Fit
                                2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
                                2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment