What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    Jump Started the SLno1, cleared it out to hose out the construction debris from it's new garage. It must have some drain, doesn't get driven, but that battery is less than a year old.
    Stick some solar cells on the roof and leave it outside. Problem solved
    Originally posted by Donnie
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Originally posted by BC. Livewire
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Comment

• For some reason, my post needs approval so I'm just going to do this without the pics...

Swapped out the TB in my wife's GMC Acadia. Hopefully this will stop the random Limp Mode failures.
      Originally posted by alexofnazareth
      Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nad View Post
        For some reason, my post needs approval so I'm just going to do this without the pics...

Swapped out the TB in my wife's GMC Acadia. Hopefully this will stop the random Limp Mode failures.
        I am not sure why is was doing that...but It looks like I was able to approve the post.
        -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
        1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
        1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.Bretz View Post

I am not sure why is was doing that...but It looks like I was able to approve the post.
          I asked Tony about it and he said he hadn't made any changes in a while.

Thanks for approving it though Sam.
          Originally posted by alexofnazareth
          Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

• Performed a competitive benchmark against my friend in his new Poopra last night. Its quick for a stock car, but the Stage 1 B8.5 S4 still pulled on him (70mph - ***). I'll celebrate my second month owning it by getting the "Dual Pulley" crank pulley and the Stage 2 tune.
            I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Ripped out my headliner. I'll report back on any performance gains observed.
              IMG_20200329_113509794.jpg
              '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
              Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
              Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
              '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

• I celebrated the end of Quarantine - Week #1 by drifting the S4 out of the Taco Bell last night.
                Last edited by alexofnazareth; 03-30-2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Tried to start the Datsun today. But i didn't have enough power in the jump pack to try that. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Comment

• I fiberglassed more door tabs - passenger side.
                    pass side glass.jpg
                    '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
                    '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

• Cleaned out the garage some this week and got my RHDSL1 pulled into the garage. Pulled most of the stuff to pull the engine out, just have to drain fluids so I'm waiting on a rainy day to be stuck in the garage to finish that up. I'm going to strip the car down for donor parts for the SC2. If I can do it safely I'm going to cut the front clip off so I can get rid of the shell faster.
                      Sixthsphere.com Owner
                      2016 Honda Fit
                      2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
                      2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

• Tried starting the D again. I think she's out of gas. or maybe the lines are plugged from the gas being 6 years old...

I tried to figure out why my mother's Envoy won't charge the battery. Supposedly there's a new alt in there, but when jump started i watched the volt meter in the factory gauge cluster fluctuate from 12 to 14.5 volts.
                        Last edited by Nadd; 03-31-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SC2Sick View Post
                          Cleaned out the garage some this week and got my RHDSL1 pulled into the garage. Pulled most of the stuff to pull the engine out, just have to drain fluids so I'm waiting on a rainy day to be stuck in the garage to finish that up. I'm going to strip the car down for donor parts for the SC2. If I can do it safely I'm going to cut the front clip off so I can get rid of the shell faster.
                          Are you going to weld the RHD portion of the sedan to your coupe??? Or you're just sectioning off the parts car to make it easier to move?

Originally posted by Nadd View Post
                          Tried starting the D again. I think she's out of gas. or maybe the lines are plugged from the gas being 6 years old...

I tried to figure out why my mother's Envoy won't charge the battery. Supposedly there's a new alt in there, but when jump started i watched the volt meter in the factory gauge cluster fluctuate from 12 to 14.5 volts.
                          Bad regulator out of the box?

Comment

• Originally posted by alexofnazareth View Post

Are you going to weld the RHD portion of the sedan to your coupe??? Or you're just sectioning off the parts car to make it easier to move?

The plan is to remove the firewall, subframe, and ALL parts and move them into the coupe. The end result is an RHDSC2.
                            I'm going to cut the front clip off the SL1 and set it on rollers and measure everything AGAIN before I do any cutting on the SC2 since it's under 100k miles and seems in really good shape ( despite shady dealership issues I had to deal with on it.... )
                            Sixthsphere.com Owner
                            2016 Honda Fit
                            2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
                            2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

• alexofnazareth She told me a few months ago (when it was cold out and i wasn't going to work on it) that it was a new alt, but just yesterday wasn't sure if it was new or not. It certainly looks cleaner than the rest of the engine bay, but I'm willing to bet it's past whatever warranty was in place on it.

Either way i took the battery from it to put in the Datsun. I just need new battery terminals in the D. The ones that are there are old and worn, plus i'd like to update it to side post anyway, all my other vehicles are that way.

Comment

• I started working on resealing up the passenger door.
                                IMG_20200331_223859219.jpg
                                '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
                                '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment