• Show
Clear All

• Wow that's a pretty sweet find
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

• Pulled the subframe from my $100 winter beater to be with some help from dynonacht on here

Attached Files
      Sixthsphere.com Owner
      2016 Honda Fit
      2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
      2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

• Started to rebuild my 2.0L golden eagle engine and found why the head gasket didn't seal correctly. When I sent the block to the machine shop to be cleaned, they told me the surface was not flat. I only ran the engine without any boost for 1,000 miles before the head gasket started to piss oil all over. Then when I was starting to put the head studs in, I noticed that the dowl pins were missing. Looks like golden eagle forgot to reinstall the dowl pins after they removed them. That's what I get for trusting their work and not noticing something was missing. This is the picture of the first time I built this engine right after getting the block back from GE.

IMG_20160130_123133540.jpg
        www.cardomain.com/id/sp1k3

Comment

• Grabbed a SOHC motor to throw the ported head on while I figure out what went wrong with the GE block. I'll have it tossed together and installed by the end of Monday.

Also changed the timing belt and tensioner/pulleys on the Vue. I miss my UHPs...the Blizzak's handling characteristics are Jello-y.
          Originally posted by Donnie
          I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
          Originally posted by BC. Livewire
          if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Comment

• Changed spoiler/trunk lip, hucked aftermarket DVD stereo for factory CD player (sounds 1000x better), installed passenger mirror, rewired reverse lamps, switched back-up light switch on transmission, installed winter tires, repaired passenger seat rails (wouldn't slide), sealed sunroof for season (rails seized and broke), replaced headlamp casings, brake pads, passenger CV axle and thermostat. Busy day. Tomorrow is interior chamois and safety inspection.

Comment

• Loaded up the D onto a car dolly and drove it to the new place. Tried to drive it into the back yard and it quit on me.

Not sure if it's just out of gas or just being a little bitch. But it's sitting in the driveway instead of behind the house like it should be.
              Originally posted by alexofnazareth
              Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

• I bought a new (to me) truck last friday. 2018 f150 with the 2.7L, 4wd and the larger crew cab...man what a difference that extra room in the back makes to get the kid in and out of the car seat. It sucks that I had to loose 6in of bed room but I have the kid in and out of the back more often then I load full length boards, in which case they didn't fit fully in the back of the 6ft bed of the 98 f250 anyway.
                I still have the 98 f250. I need to replace the lower control arms, give it a good bath on the inside and outside and put it up for sale.
                -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

• I purchased a 95 SW2a a month or two ago and just got around to dragging it home tonight. About 2 miles past where it was stored/sitting the drivers' rear tire locked up. The brake shoes got warm and seized. Lucky for me Devon was just a few blocks away with all of his tools.

Got it home and parked it next to the D in the yard.

Comment

• Originally posted by nad View Post
                    I purchased a 95 SW2a a month or two ago and just got around to dragging it home tonight. About 2 miles past where it was stored/sitting the drivers' rear tire locked up. The brake shoes got warm and seized. Lucky for me Devon was just a few blocks away with all of his tools.

Got it home and parked it next to the D in the yard.
                    It sounds like the first course of action is to go to the yard and see if you can get a rear disc brake setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.Bretz View Post

It sounds like the first course of action is to go to the yard and see if you can get a rear disc brake setup.
                      That was what i was thinking.

First things first though, i need to rebuild the motor i have in storage. I've only rebuilt one motor, and it didn't last me real long when i had it running.

Comment

• Finally got the L200 legal. Been driving with an expired inspection most of the year...lol. Found a broken spring and a bad strut mount. Got all that taken care of plus new snow tires. Still waiting to get the motor back from the shop for the SL2...been there a couple of months now. Hope to have that thing up and running by spring.

Comment

• I replaced the lower control arms on the 98 f250 and cleaned it up a bit. I put it on craig's list and have recieved three scammers "interested."

Comment