No announcement yet.

What did you do to your car today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my car on her daily run around town.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMGordon1259 View Post
      The exhaust heat shield broke loose on the trip here, finally got it back up and not rattling anymore. Also replaced the crank position sensor , was having a few issues with it, looks like it was factory. seems to be running better.
      Looks like my MPG finally picked up, 34mpg, was struggling to get 24. curious now , is the Crank sensor part of that circuit? ( that was the only one left to replace), filling up again to check it. now onto the u-pull it to find rear disc brakes...
      2002 Saturn SC1, Metallic Orange , L24 EFI 1.9 , 208,498 miles

Comment

• Pulled a trans apart and found 5th gear carnage. $150 on a broken trans. Last night i pulled the foged motor and started the head swap process. Also started fitting a datsun radiator in the body.
        1999 DOHC Autotragic
        2001 SOHC Manual
        2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 500hp 1000Ftlb Torque

Comment

• I tried to replace the wheel bearings in my wife's Impala. Turns out i no longer own a 34mm drive shaft nut socket.

Looks like i'll be visiting a parts store friday morning.

I did figure out the problem with her subs. The RCA's came out of the amp.
          Originally posted by alexofnazareth
          Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

• With SC2sick, aka Other Tony huge help, my dead fuel pump was replaced today. The SLno1 is back alive! I cannot thank him enough.
            It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZombieSatty View Post
              With SC2sick, aka Other Tony huge help, my dead fuel pump was replaced today. The SLno1 is back alive! I cannot thank him enough.
              Happy to help. Almost home now too!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
              Sixthsphere.com Owner
              2016 Honda Fit
              2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
              2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

• Went out and purchased the proper socket. Then blew up my dead blow hammer trying to knock the old bearings loose. Took the project out to my brother in laws place and used a bigger hammer. and got them done.

Then i went out to the junkyard today and got a new passenger side seat and window. Should have them in the Tore Ass Monday, hopefully the neighbor got that duplicate title already.

Comment

• I started with just pulling the driver door panel off to see why the inside handle doesn't work. Turns out the rod is broken rather than simply disconnected like I hoped. I'll have a fun time getting another.

I had planned to take the wheels off my new Astra so I could go over the suspension and make a list of parts I need. Well, the previous owner installed the time with security lug bolts and didn't give me the key. I sent him a message asking if he had it. He responded saying he did. I asked if he could send it to me, he said nothing.

Bought a key/socket that I hope will get them off on eBay last night.

So, I ripped out the interior instead.
                  Not sure why the drivers seat air bag is blown. (Damaged wire tape wrapped orange wire)
                  Not sure why the side certain air bags are both blown.
                  Not sure why there is a puncture hole in the floor.
                  Not sure why there were shotgun pellets all over the passenger floor under the carpet. Or a 45cal bullet under the driver side carpet.
                  (No sign the carpet had ever been removed. I had to cut it to get it out)
                  Not sure why I bought this car.
                  Not looking forward to putting it back together.

Got a list of needed junkyard parts but the wife has me doing other things before I can road trip and spend the money for it all.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk
                  2008 Saturn Astra XE - New DD Build Thread
                  2000 SL2m - Scrapped... used to be DD + Fun w/ a system (pictures fixed Jan 2017)
                  1995 GMC Sonoma ext cab 4x4 - Beater work truck - Selling
                  2000 Ford F150 Supercab 4x4 - Work truck + wife's daily.

Comment

• Then before the above,

I may be the first person in the world to ever put the Brazilian Vectra GT hatch grill on an Astra. Almost definitely the first outside of South America.

If I get a new bumper and have the bumpers repainted I'll most likely get the black stripe on the grill painted also.

Probably the only person in the world with an early Opel Astra grill on a Saturn Astra. Not first in the world because according to the person I bought it from said he and the person he got it from both had it on their Saturn Astra before me.

2000 SL2m - Scrapped... used to be DD + Fun w/ a system (pictures fixed Jan 2017)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDumbAss View Post
                      Then before the above,

I may be the first person in the world to ever put the Brazilian Vectra GT hatch grill on an Astra. Almost definitely the first outside of South America.

If I get a new bumper and have the bumpers repainted I'll most likely get the black stripe on the grill painted also.

Probably the only person in the world with an early Opel Astra grill on a Saturn Astra. Not first in the world because according to the person I bought it from said he and the person he got it from both had it on their Saturn Astra before me.

Get yourself a headlight restoration kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Comment

• Drove the turbo-less turd to work the last two days. The air dam and splash guard did wonders for dropping the coolant temps. Thanks AJ
                        Originally posted by Donnie
                        I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
                        Originally posted by BC. Livewire
                        if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Comment

• Originally posted by importsdontlikeme View Post
                          Get yourself a headlight restoration kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          I polished the lights on the silver car when I got it. Looked great. They need done again but some of the mounting clips are broke so it would be better to replace them. But, these are not easy to find in the junkyard and internet prices can be crazy.

The white car will be done but I have several other things to sort on that car still.

Also need to do my wife's truck's headlights...

Comment

• Well, I may have spoke too soon. The car got a little hot last night. Went and checked the coolant, and the tank was dry. Filled it up after that and drove to work this morning and found that coolant had overflowed from the reservoir. Not sure if its combustion gases over pressurizing the coolant or what, but my confidence in the health of the engine is in question now. Yay.
                            Originally posted by Donnie
                            I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
                            Originally posted by BC. Livewire
                            if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Comment

• Being really slow with the Tore Ass. No Idea why i'm not working on it like i should.

I got the window in and the door panel back on. I think i'm going to pull the whole carpet out instead of what i just cut out. Then i need to put that seat in and get it out of the garage.

Comment

• putting together my NA LL0 patiently. cant wait to run it.
                                http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=62687.0

Comment