No announcement yet.

Mr UPS driver gonna die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, you never know what the actual condition was of it since it was all wrapped up. The tote could have gotten damage from the shear weight of the engine...still seems like it's a 50/50 split on common sense. I worked for UPS for 2 years and couldn't believe the way some stuff would come in shipped improperly. Personally, I think UPS should reject anything like that BEFORE it's even accepted to be shipped...but that would make sense right? So focused on the dollar that these common sense things get overlooked. But all shipping places do it. Last summer I ordered a spoiler from eBay. Checked to see if it had arrived so I opened my front door. There's my spoiler shoved in between my front door and screen door...CRACKED IN HALF. The post office carrier was nice enough to lock my screen door too :/. Went to the post office about it and the "postmaster" came out and said: "Oh yeah, I remember that package...it came to us like that." Why would you even accept that package or not slap a sticker on it that said arrived damaged?" I'm just dumbfounded by these BUSINESSES that do stupid stuff like that. [/end of another rant]

The Site ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com
    Buy something dammit ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com/shop
    ***Secretly wants a VW R32***

Comment

damn grylspeedrt, well i talked to UPS today they said call Staples since it was processed through them and then I was told claim is denied because of use of duct tape and not packing tape. But now its under reconsideration and ill know late tommorow afternoon or thursday morning. Worst part is I cant reach the guy I bought it from so yeah. Best news someone could get on their birthday...
      sigpic
      Stevie
      15 Camry XSE
      98 SC2m- pearl white, turbo
      Instagram: shameless_satty

Comment

Makes sense, you know, since packing tape is way stronger than duct tape...
        Sigh

Good luck.
        Black 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
        ZZP | GMPP |EBC |GM Stg2

Comment

good luck man! i would also attack the person who packed it. my block came from Gude as freight on Old Deminion in perfect condition. 135lbs is a bit much for a 75 pound block lol. They will usually give you face value for everything i had that happen to me 2 years ago and the paid for everything.

Comment

Happy Birthday Shameless! Why would they deny your claim, YOU didn't ship it like that. This aggravates me because there's always some loophole. Hopefully, they will reconsider ***fingers crossed***

The Site ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com
            Buy something dammit ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com/shop
            ***Secretly wants a VW R32***

Comment

Originally posted by GyrlSpeedRT View Post
              Happy Birthday Shameless! Why would they deny your claim, YOU didn't ship it like that. This aggravates me because there's always some loophole. Hopefully, they will reconsider ***fingers crossed***
              THANK YOU!! i needed that to cheer me up
              sigpic
              Stevie
              15 Camry XSE

Comment

Originally posted by GyrlSpeedRT View Post
                They would deny it since it wasn't packed properly. If UPS Store packed and shipped it I'm sure they would have no problem covering any damages.
                2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

true that since their trained to package properly and even if they f*ed up then it would be one of their employees fault thus they pay. I wish that was the case.
                  sigpic
                  Stevie
                  15 Camry XSE

Comment

Originally posted by shameless satty View Post
                    damn grylspeedrt, well i talked to UPS today they said call Staples since it was processed through them and then I was told claim is denied because of use of duct tape and not packing tape. But now its under reconsideration and ill know late tommorow afternoon or thursday morning. Worst part is I cant reach the guy I bought it from so yeah. Best news someone could get on their birthday...
                    Reread that again and again and again.

You sure you didn't get hosed?
                    Young, dumb, and full of youthful exuberance.

Comment

I did reach him today and told him I might need his help and he said ok
                      sigpic
                      Stevie
                      15 Camry XSE

Comment