X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 Ford Taurus X Limited "T-rex" new pics of wheels & c-pillar wrap

Edit:Giot the wheels/tires and c-pillars wrapped pics below

Old OP:
    I am in the process of closing an out-of-state deal to buy a 2008 Ford Taurus X Limited with 26K miles. It's a private sale so no dealers involved.

From what I have read this appears to be a safe, reliable vehicle. It has the 3.5 L Duratec V6 with a 6-speed 6F automatic and is AWD. I am looking for any and all opinions for or against this vehicle. I know it's not particularly sporty but I need a comfortable highway cruiser.

26k is not a lot of miles but I'm wondering how much corrosion there could be underneath due to those notoriously harsh MN winters and excessive use of salt on the highways.

I am considering using an agent to process the sale and have it shipped somewhere a little more convenient for me to go get it. I am working with a local bank but any insight into this kind of deal would be appreciated. Or maybe you can recommend a reliable shipper.

Lastly, if your are located near or NW of Minneapolis and can convince me that you have the experience to do a pre-delivery inspection on this vehicle then PM me your phone# and I'll call you to see what we can arrange. You would need to have time available early next week.

Thanks,
    Hein
    Last edited by hein; 03-28-2012, 11:15 AM.
    current build: 95 wagon, completed build: 95 sc1 to DOHC

Twin turbo ftw

*edit

nvm, didnt realize theres two 3.5s ford has.
    Last edited by alexofnazareth; 02-11-2012, 12:22 PM.
    Originally posted by Donnie
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Originally posted by BC. Livewire
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Comment

twin turbo Taurus X... lol
      SaturnSeries.net Owner
      '99 SC2 Project Car build thread

Comment

So far you guys haven't been much help. I shoulda guessed. ha ha.
        No mods planned. This will be my old guy car. -and I deserve it, dammit!

Comment

Well, the few that came into the shop ALL had trouble going on with the braking system in some form. Barely out of warranty, they all needed new calipers, brakes and at least one line each. I would check and see if there was a bulletin on that...

The Site ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com
          Buy something dammit ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com/shop
          ***Secretly wants a VW R32***

Comment

The problem is circled and highlighted in blue (;

Interested in a solid engine management system? Ask me about Electromotive engine management.

Comment

^Hahaha
              Originally posted by Donnie
              I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
              Originally posted by BC. Livewire
              if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Comment

Fix Or Repair Daily

2002 LOL200 113HP/122TQ
                2012 Chevy Cruze LT/RS

Comment

As long as they improved the damn transmissions and got the suspension design down better I'd say it would be an ok car. On our 98 turdus w/ 153k the motor runs great, but we had to rebuild the trans twice and it handles like an old soggy bread loaf.

That being said our 2006 mustang GT has been nothing but great, zero issues, runs awesome, and handles fantastic. The newer Fords are definitely better quality.
                  98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                  94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                  94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

I say go for it. Out of all the vehicles we have/had (sans the corolla but i just bought it) our Fords have been the best vehicles to date.

Those cars are pretty nice looking too.
                    If I was in that area I would gladly go take a look at it for you, hopefully some one else here can...
                    Black 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
                    ZZP | GMPP |EBC |GM Stg2

Comment

an 08 from MN, I would be worried about rust from road salt.
                      -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                      1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                      1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

I would not get a vehicle that came from here if you can help it. The rust is terrible. I usually try to find vehicles from out of state, that is how my truck only has a few holes in it for being 12 years old.

Comment

I live 20 minutes from there. I wouldnt say I'm the party to do it, however my friend is a recon tech for a local, major, dealer. I'm sure he would be willing to take a look at it just for an initial glance for you.

tapatapa
                          Sixthsphere.com Owner
                          2016 Honda Fit
                          2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
                          2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

The car is near Alexandria. How far would that be for your friend? Looks like a bit of a drive.

Comment

Lol I read it as north minneapolis. Alexandria is where his cabin is actually. I bet I could convince him to do a road trip with me to check it out but it'd be a weekend thing for sure. I'm in St. Paul so about 2.5 hours.

tapatapa
                              Sixthsphere.com Owner
                              2016 Honda Fit
                              2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
                              2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment