My experience with Andy's Autosport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with Andy's Autosport

I've heard mixed reviews about the business so I am sharing my recent experience. I ordered a set of the Sprint 2.0 springs. I am on deployment so I figured I had plenty of time for them to be back-ordered and eventually shipped before I get home. After placing the order I queried them by email once a week for a month. Each time they were polite but had no update for me. So after a month without any shipping information I requested a refund and received it in full four days later.

Knowing my chance of finding the Sprints easily and at a good price was nil, I went to ebay and bought a set of the Canuck Motorsport springs for $30 less than what I expected to pay for Sprint.

The CM springs are on their way and they'll be home before I get there.
    DD: 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI

Can't really blame the seller if their distributor doesn't ship the springs to them right away. I know at my work we've had bikes back-ordered for a few months and there's nothing we can really do about it unless a semi-local dealer has one in stock that we can snag.
    98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

He didn't sound like he was complaining at all. He got weekly polite updates, and a full refund when the order could not be refilled. Sounds like a decent sale experience.

James
      sigpic
      Click these links for my many projects
      Shaved, Boosted, Purple Race Car
      '64 C10 Build Officially LQ/NV3500 Swapped and Bagged
      Soon to be bagged, LS Powered, '62 Impala

Comment

Yeah my experience seems to be good customer service, but I feel their prices are somewhat high

Comment

Now that Sprint is gone it probably would have been almost impossible to have found someone with a set in stock. At least you had no issues getting your money back

Comment

When did sprint close shop? And let us know what you think of the canuck motorsports springs after you use them. I believe I was told their spring rates were 140 front and 200 rear. Sounded a little backwards to me.
            In case you didn't know , YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!!
            #1 drunk poster and breaker of crankshafts.
            Flat black is not paint , it's a fucking primer you douchefags!
            I can't hear your loud pipes over my my louder stereo! F U stereotypical harley owners!

Comment

The Canuck springs from what I remember were softer then stock springs. Not the numbers listed in the previous post.
              2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

Originally posted by SL2clone View Post
                When did sprint close shop? .
                Couple of weeks ago I tried to order springs through a vendor for my Redline. Got an e-mail the next day stating they couldn't fill my order because Sprint was no more. Had been on Sprints site that week to double check the numbers for the springs. Was going to send Sprint an e-mail to see what was going on and now the site doesn't come up, just says "success". Can't seem to find anything official though

Comment

SL2clone, yes, I'll let you know what I think of the springs once they're installed. Kob, you're making me nervous. I ordered the CM springs because I read on this site that their spring rate was comparable to the Sprints. I hope I'm not going to be disappointed.

Silent Bob, I got the same "Success" message going to Sprint's website. I had a "Doh" moment when it occurred to me that I should have checked the manufacturer's website before making the purchase.

I won't be doing the install until June. I plan on writing a build thread but I make no promises. I'm just not that hip.

Comment

I guess the set of sprint 2" springs seitting in my storage just doubled in value? I'll be holding onto them as they are rather nice riding springs with stock struts (or KYB's) and still give a descently low drop.
                    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Pretty sure Sprint went out of business a couple years ago. Didn't really think it was new news by now.

James
                      sigpic
                      Click these links for my many projects
                      Shaved, Boosted, Purple Race Car
                      '64 C10 Build Officially LQ/NV3500 Swapped and Bagged
                      Soon to be bagged, LS Powered, '62 Impala

Comment

Originally posted by S.Bretz View Post
                        I guess the set of sprint 2" springs seitting in my storage just doubled in value? I'll be holding onto them as they are rather nice riding springs with stock struts (or KYB's) and still give a descently low drop.
                        So you've got a set of Sprints stashed away. Duly noted. If my CM's suck I'll remember that!

Comment

Originally posted by Kob View Post
                          The Canuck springs from what I remember were softer then stock springs. Not the numbers listed in the previous post.
                          Nah. I emailed back and forth with them a couple years ago, and his numbers were exactly what they gave me.

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
                          1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
                          1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
                          Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
                          Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Comment

Originally posted by S.Bretz View Post
                            If it was any other platform yes, but not here. People do not even want to pay the price they cost new let alone a higher price because it is a great product that is discontinued lol. Youll die with those things before they sold here for more then they costed brand new. lol
                            Black 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
                            ZZP | GMPP |EBC |GM Stg2

Comment

I live in maine. The entire dam state is 20 years in the past and it's starting to wear off on me.
                              Kob , I was just stating the #s for the spring rates I was given. It did sound backward to me.
                              In case you didn't know , YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!!
                              #1 drunk poster and breaker of crankshafts.
                              Flat black is not paint , it's a fucking primer you douchefags!
                              I can't hear your loud pipes over my my louder stereo! F U stereotypical harley owners!

Comment