• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Apollo96SL2
    • Apr 2004

I need a car wash

Can't imagine why...

Cumberland Motor Club rallycross last Sunday. I ran my SW2. Other than my muffler breaking off in the morning the car held up well! (I was able to clamp it back on the day after the event.) I'm a bit out of practice with this kind of driving. But with the possibility of a local series starting up, I might get to practice...

There's another event on the 28th (New England peeps, you should all come ). Not sure if I'll run the wagon again just yet, though - while I was underneath the car I noticed my front subframe is pretty frickin rusty. I'm not sure field bombing would be the best thing for it. Then again, if it snows before the 28th, it'll be easier on the car...
    - Justin<br />91 Sentra SE-R, &quot;The Millenium Falcon&quot;<br />91 Miata, &quot;The Otter&quot;<br />ex 95 SC2 (Locutus), 96 SL2 (Silverstreak), 96 SL2 (Apollo), 94 SW2 (Ninja Wagon)
  • LoudSL
    • Feb 2009

Re: I need a car wash

That looks like a shit ton of fun!
    Fail on wheels<br /><br />98 sl-slow.&nbsp; H&amp;R springs with KYB gr2 +saw tooths along with ebay WAI<br />71 Honda CB350: Future vintage racer

Comment

• Ricer Ryan
      BRB Nutswinging
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LoudSL
      +1! I would love a beater to do that with.

Comment

• redhotFTW!
        6S Staff
        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Ricer Ryan
        a beater, our cars are beaters.

id love to do this as well, are you stock height?
        i feel as if my car is to low to attempt this...
        Black 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
        ZZP | GMPP |EBC |GM Stg2

Comment

• lilcraigford
          • Oct 2005

Haha, I would go nuts over my cars at that type of event (getting dirty). I'm probably best off spectating.
          '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
          '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
          '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
          Wanted Thread (None)

Comment

• JRSTANGE
            • Mar 2007

very cool.

Comment

• d3ad1ysp0rk
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by lilcraigford
              Haha, I would go nuts over my cars at that type of event (getting dirty). I'm probably best off spectating.
              The day BEFORE the snowstorm my buddy busted his oil pickup on a frost heave so I was driving him to my other friends shop. I was like "sometimes it's nice to drive the coupe because it's so high up and I can do shit like this" and proceeded to drive the car off the road into the mud and then hit the ebrake and do a nice sweeping slide back onto the road. These cars are piles of crap, they're meant to take a beating! lol
              - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

• ProDarwin
                Get off my lawn.
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by redhotFTW!
                Originally posted by Ricer Ryan
                a beater, our cars are beaters.
                This. You have a beater. (or 2?)

I may do a couple of events this year with the DD before I drop it/rebuild the suspension.
                ilostmysocketwrench | Bentra Motorsports Blog | Bentra Motorsports Videos

Comment

• Leafy
                  • Oct 2008

was there a gold bimmer at that event? My friend has been doing rally cross with his bimmer and he thinks its hilarious because his car is really low, and I make fun of him because he's on -3* of camber with snow tires (too lazy to change it when he look his re-11's off).
                  1994 SL2 HCE auto Head Gasket is still good, just had condensation in the crank case.
                  02 Chevy Cavalier LSS 5 spd S/C
                  one shitty car to another one
                  fly wheel, shifter, pcm, and misc saturn parts for sale.

WPI class of '12 ME
                  WPI Engineers Paintball Team Captain

Comment

• Apollo96SL2
                    • Apr 2004

There were a couple of BMWs, a red E30 and a red/black E36, but no gold one.

My suspension is bone stock. I wouldn't want anything less than stock ride height for this. In fact that's exactly why I never drove Apollo at any of these events - with Eibachs it rode lower than I was comfortable for off roading.

I keep going back and forth - several times daily, in fact - whether I should sell the SW2 and get a beater Subaru with AWD, or bite the bullet, replace the subframe in the spring (gonna be a PITA I know since there's so much rust under there, but in spring I can just disable the car for a while and commute with my bike or Miata instead), and do up the wagon for rallyx. I know it's been done before, in New England no less - I know Nate and Rob, and both were at the same event (in Subarus now, though). I miss AWD, but the Saturn's already mine, and it would probably be cheaper to just fix it up a bit than swap cars - especially because here in Maine we pay the "Subaru tax" (they cost more here because they're so popular for our 6 month winters). I just don't know. But seeing as how I'm posting this on a Saturn forum I think you're all going to tell me to keep the wagon.

This just in - video of my absolute WORST run of the day from someone I took along for a ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-C4_L2OU3s

- Justin<br />91 Sentra SE-R, &quot;The Millenium Falcon&quot;<br />91 Miata, &quot;The Otter&quot;<br />ex 95 SC2 (Locutus), 96 SL2 (Silverstreak), 96 SL2 (Apollo), 94 SW2 (Ninja Wagon)

Comment