Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmyson
    replied
    in these days of lock down due to COVID-19. i repair my car's music box and enhance the quality of speaker #great experience

Leave a comment:

• Waiex191
    replied
    Originally posted by ZombieSatty View Post
    Got laid-off on Monday, along with numerous others at my facility, be they engineers or on the production floor. "No foreseeable plans to rehire" they say. Just cut the workforce at company by about a 1/8 to a 1/4, I'm not sure but substantial.

...Happy Easter week...
    That sucks, sorry to hear it. Not sure where you live or who you worked for, but it looks like Lockheed Martin is hiring a bunch. It is a good time to be in defense. IIRC I think I read you are an engineer.

Leave a comment:

• ZombieSatty
    replied
    Got laid-off on Monday, along with numerous others at my facility, be they engineers or on the production floor. "No foreseeable plans to rehire" they say. Just cut the workforce at company by about a 1/8 to a 1/4, I'm not sure but substantial.

...Happy Easter week...

Leave a comment:

• SC2Sick
    replied
    Originally posted by alexofnazareth View Post
    I like how people are getting all bent out of shape about the new Cannonball record that was leaked. IMO, it was much less risky to do it now vs. with more people on the road, but its funny to see arguments about the validity of an illegal event record.
    I had seen discussions about that a couple weeks back in some rally groups I'm in. Everyone knew someone was going to try it..

Leave a comment:

• alexofnazareth
    replied
    I like how people are getting all bent out of shape about the new Cannonball record that was leaked. IMO, it was much less risky to do it now vs. with more people on the road, but its funny to see arguments about the validity of an illegal event record.

Leave a comment:

• Waiex191
    replied
    Carb is on the hovercraft.
    predator.jpg

MKC carb.jpg

Magna carbs and airbox are back together. We had a significant fuel leak. Turned out the bowl o-rings were dry rotted. Replaced them and did a bench check. Looks good!
    IMG_20200404_201745202.jpg

I busted my dome light clips. Here is my fix - a couple of small screws.
    IMG_20200404_164358491.jpg

Inner doorskin plastic rivet hole fix:
    IMG_20200404_120335380.jpg

Doors are back together and I think it is quieter, except I have no headliner now. Joann fabrics is no longer open so can't get the headliner material I used in the '99.

Leave a comment:

• ZombieSatty
    replied
    For this weekends isolation activity, we installed the long portion of edging and contractor grade fabric to give us a nice, easy to mow edge on our new rock wall. Filled it in with river rock to try and match the rocks of the wall. Just need to get the part on the other side of the stairs at least edged before we get the area aerated, fertilized and seaded. 20200405_185837.jpg20200405_185806.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Waiex191
    replied
    I took a day off vacation and am self-isolating in the hangar. My oldest just got a 1984 Magna V30 so he has that project going. I have the Saturn and the airplane avionics. My youngest is putting a bigger carb on his hovercraft.
    IMG_20200327_123852065.jpg

IMG_20200327_123918510.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Waiex191
    replied
    More tab repair. IMG_20200326_213738084_HDR.jpgIMG_20200327_121043735.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Waiex191
    replied
    Originally posted by SC2Sick View Post

Curious to know what that turned out to be
    We didn't get that far. We did install an old school bike dynamo to run a light. I bought a cheap S Series alternator off of eBay which turned out to be bad, and got a refund. Then we got into one of the hovercraft projects. Here is a video of the bike dynamo in action.
    https://youtu.be/BxKFMk_3XeM

Leave a comment:

• SC2Sick
    replied
    Originally posted by Waiex191 View Post
    I agreed to let him build a hamster wheel so we could see how much power we could extract.
    Curious to know what that turned out to be

Leave a comment:

• Waiex191
    replied
    Thanks for the positive comments. I have two boys, currently 17 and 18. Some years ago we went to the Discovery World Science and Technology Museum in Milwaukee. They had a hamster wheel there that lit up lights. My younger son is an Asperger's kid and has unusual ideas. He wanted to build a series of human hamster wheel powered aircraft. I agreed to let him build a hamster wheel so we could see how much power we could extract. This was back when he was 13 or so.

On the SC2 front I'm fixing door skin mount tabs.
    door tab template.jpg

Leave a comment:

• SC2Sick
    replied
    I just pulled the RHD SL1 into the garage last night to strip it with my free time since gyms are closed :/

Leave a comment:

• SC2Sick
    replied
    Originally posted by Waiex191 View Post
    I'm working from home. I'm an engineer. A few years back my kid built a hamster wheel. I added a desk with a webcam and that is where I attend staff meetings.
    https://youtu.be/G3i74UaJTMY
    wtf that's amazing

Leave a comment:

• ZombieSatty
    replied
    Ok that's funny and a very engineer thing to do. Not that I don't approve, just saying.

Leave a comment: