COVID-19 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 Discussion

Our governor just make an executive order locking Michigan down for 3-weeks starting tonight at midnight.
    Looks like I-94 will be ideal for some Vmax testing soon.

https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9...2625--,00.html
    Originally posted by Donnie
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Originally posted by BC. Livewire
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

It is a great time to take your car apart for projects you have been meaning to do. I am swapping out the driver's window motor, adding some insulation, fiberglassing up some replacement door mount tabs, replacing the aftermarket ignition cylinder with a factory one to match the doors, and maybe even figuring out why the backup lights don't work.
    IMG_20200322_172715844.jpg

IMG_20200322_173301203.jpg

IMG_20200322_184758608.jpg
    '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
    Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
    Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
    '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

PA's govornor decided to issued a stay-at-home order as well as business lockdown in my county. Luckily, my stage 1 regrinds will be here this week so I get to install them between online class work. Otherwise I have been doing some small projects and dreaming up new ideas for the car.

Comment

It does offer some benefits for getting things done on projects. I hit some mountain biking trails yesterday and they were dead which was nice for a change, however, I wasn't sure if it was due to the quarantine or it being in the low 40's.
        I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Same here in Nebraska. I tested the remote log in stuff last week. Everything was good, just slow. So everyone that does not have to be in person at work is from home. I'm working away in the basement.

Over the weekend I did a proof of concept drainage ditch around our addition. Nice and isolating project.
          It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment

Car repair shops are considered "essential" here so I still have to go in. I could do some of my work at home but there is some stuff that I need to be there for.
            IDK if I could remote into my work computer from home. The network may not let me in. I can remote in from other computers in the company but IDK about from my home computer.
            -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
            1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
            1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Originally posted by S.Bretz View Post
              Car repair shops are considered "essential" here so I still have to go in. I could do some of my work at home but there is some stuff that I need to be there for.
              IDK if I could remote into my work computer from home. The network may not let me in. I can remote in from other computers in the company but IDK about from my home computer.
              As long as you have the Remote Login application [Pulse Secure] and the credentials needed to login, you should be able to. Maybe give a shot after you get home for the night

Comment

I'm working from home. I'm an engineer. A few years back my kid built a hamster wheel. I added a desk with a webcam and that is where I attend staff meetings.
                https://youtu.be/G3i74UaJTMY
                '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
                '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

LOL. What was the impetus for your son/daughter to make a human hamster wheel?

Comment

Ok that's funny and a very engineer thing to do. Not that I don't approve, just saying.
                    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Waiex191 View Post
                      I'm working from home. I'm an engineer. A few years back my kid built a hamster wheel. I added a desk with a webcam and that is where I attend staff meetings.
                      https://youtu.be/G3i74UaJTMY
                      wtf that's amazing
                      Sixthsphere.com Owner
                      2016 Honda Fit
                      2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
                      2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

I just pulled the RHD SL1 into the garage last night to strip it with my free time since gyms are closed :/
                        Sixthsphere.com Owner
                        2016 Honda Fit
                        2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments. I have two boys, currently 17 and 18. Some years ago we went to the Discovery World Science and Technology Museum in Milwaukee. They had a hamster wheel there that lit up lights. My younger son is an Asperger's kid and has unusual ideas. He wanted to build a series of human hamster wheel powered aircraft. I agreed to let him build a hamster wheel so we could see how much power we could extract. This was back when he was 13 or so.

On the SC2 front I'm fixing door skin mount tabs.
                          door tab template.jpg
                          '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
                          '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Waiex191 View Post
                            I agreed to let him build a hamster wheel so we could see how much power we could extract.
                            Curious to know what that turned out to be

Sixthsphere.com Owner
                            2016 Honda Fit
                            2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD

Comment

Originally posted by SC2Sick View Post

Curious to know what that turned out to be
                              We didn't get that far. We did install an old school bike dynamo to run a light. I bought a cheap S Series alternator off of eBay which turned out to be bad, and got a refund. Then we got into one of the hovercraft projects. Here is a video of the bike dynamo in action.
                              https://youtu.be/BxKFMk_3XeM
                              '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
                              '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment