The death of the SLno1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The death of the SLno1

In the coming couple weeks, the refusing to die SLno1 is probably going to be gotten running one last time. It will go through it's last tank of gas, then we'll be at it's unclimactic end of life.

I've got another project inbound, don't worry.

Unless someone from here wants it whole, I'll begin parting the infamous thing out.
    Last edited by ZombieSatty; 08-30-2019, 03:36 PM.
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

why ??
    http://www.sixthsphere.com/smf/index.php?topic=62687.0

Comment

Because 200k on "just a SOHC" that gets beat on and rung out but won't die is kinda anticlimactic o guess?

Comment

if you didnt live so far away i'd buy it etc

Comment

Originally posted by leighv View Post
          if you didnt live so far away i'd buy it etc
          If you want to cover the flight I'd fly down to him, drive it to you, and fly back :P
          Sixthsphere.com Owner
          2016 Honda Fit
          2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
          2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

dang Tony I dont make that kinda money LOL
            maybe ill settle for the engine

Comment

See, at least you appreciate it!
              Most likely it will get massively parted out, so maybe that motor can be yours! Unless I throw it in my new toy to really piss people off, and continue with my original plan of "until you die", just with fewer doors.

Comment

This kinda reminds me of a thread I'd seen on saturnfans. I searched but could not find it, otherwise would link to it Might be misremembering some details, but . . .

New user, said he bought one really cheap or was given it. He hated the car, so he abused the crap out of it, planning to drive it hard until he broke it. Took it off road, drove it hard, never checked oil. He said he killed an old Honda Civic the same way in a week or two. He became a member just to post that he now had some grudging respect for the car because after a month or two, it was still running. He'd cracked a couple of body panels in his shenanigans but doors still opened and the car was still running.

Comment

I've had this car since '02, so a kinda like that, only I'm religious in my maintenance.

Comment

That's only like a 16hr drive down from here. Let's meet halfway!

What do you guys think the legend(?) is worth? Nothing in our world really, because it's a DOHC with a (albeit cammed) SOHC heart essentially. That's my main sticking point. I'll pull like over half my parts off and use them on my new build. Really all that's going to be left "worth anything" is the engine and welded diff trans.

Comment

IDK man, seems like a rush to get rid of something that's really not going to get you any money in return. You'll get maybe a grand if you're lucky from it.. I bet a few years from now you'd gladly pay that money out of nostalgia. Looked like you had room to keep it parked too.
                      Sixthsphere.com Owner
                      2016 Honda Fit
                      2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
                      2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

Working...
                      X