Engine code 0341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine code 0341

I finally got the 96 sc2 rolling again today to find this code. Did the research found out it is a "camshaft sensor code" after that making no sense did more searching and found some info on saturnfans claiming it is a issues in the ICM and or coilpack. Now I dont really trust saturnfans so I ask here if replacing the ICM and Coilpacks should fix that and if not what should I be looking at.
    "You will know me by the scars I bear!" Otep

Platinum plugs, corrosion on the wires/coils, high resistance in the ICM or between the ICM and the PCM. Can also be caused by aftermarkets cams, or increased compression. Or wires in the wrong order. After market wires and coils can cause issues too.
    ~Tiffany~
    2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS

The Secret of Life Answered: Q: What is the difference between men and women? A: A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need. A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need
    Q:What's the fastest way to a man's heart? A: Through his chest with a sharp knife..DUH! (haha!)
    *Some fake girls model by the nice cars, the real ones drive em...* sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Acuratly_sweet View Post
      Platinum plugs, corrosion on the wires/coils, high resistance in the ICM or between the ICM and the PCM. Can also be caused by aftermarkets cams, or increased compression. Or wires in the wrong order. After market wires and coils can cause issues too.
      And Tiff nails it!
      2002 Saturn SL1- 5 speed, basic, slow, and staying that way.
      1993 Lexus SC300- Project turning into gold...

Formerly knows as "Saturntuner05."
      Too many past turds to list.

Comment

if this was a customer's car, you'd likely see an estimate that included plugs, wires, and an ignition module.

that's the "standard practice" for that code. obviously, diag would determine if you need any of that, or you just have corroded coil terminals, or wires backwards, etc.
        LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
        visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment