Valve Spring Retainer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Spring Retainer

So Advance Auto Parts, Autozone, Napa Auto parts and a few other places that I checked doesnt have it. Where can i get it? Online perhaps? I'm prolly gonna have to go 2 a dealership rnt i

kthanx
    1997 Saturn SL1m----traded in<br />2000 Saturn SC1a----traded<br />1996 Saturn SL1.5m----*SOLD*<br />1994 Saturn SC2a---*SOLD*<br />1997 Saturn SC2m----*SOLD*<br />1987 Honda CRX hf---*SOLD*<br />1991 Honda CRX Si---Current Daily

Re: Valve Spring Retainer

what is rong with the old spring Retainer??

they do not ware out like a timing chain can

Comment

i went to the dealership. and yes, there not cheap. dont remember the cost
      2000 SL2 track car<br />http://www.tachitupmotorsports.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BC. Livewire
        what is rong with the old spring Retainer??

they do not ware out like a timing chain can
        well there is isnt one in the head. bought the head off a 6s member and he told me he needed it so he used this one and put it on his other head. I do have a '99 head laying around, would a spring retainer from it work?...i'm not to sure if itd work BUT if someone could say if it would or not itd help.

*edit* forgot 2 mention that the head that i have now is a '97
        1997 Saturn SL1m----traded in<br />2000 Saturn SC1a----traded<br />1996 Saturn SL1.5m----*SOLD*<br />1994 Saturn SC2a---*SOLD*<br />1997 Saturn SC2m----*SOLD*<br />1987 Honda CRX hf---*SOLD*<br />1991 Honda CRX Si---Current Daily

Comment

the 9 bolt are so diferent from the 5 bolt heads that I dout it

I hate volintearing any one but the "different racing" guys may hav some thin like that laying around.

but it will be faster to hit up the dealership

Comment

Originally posted by BC. Livewire
            the 9 bolt are so diferent from the 5 bolt heads that I dout it

I hate volintearing any one but the "different racing" guys may hav some thin like that laying around.

but it will be faster to hit up the dealership
            yea i just went and looked at em and they're different, the 99 head valve retainers are bigger than the 97's

Comment

I believe that Rock Auto has them. RockAuto.com
              95 SL2m, my first Saturn and perpetual project car, running mutt engine during project engine build<br />95 SL2a, thinking about an MP3 swap, 150 miles/quart of oil<br />95 SL1a, turned DOHC, 50 miles/quart of oil, doing it all again the right way.

Comment

I found Rockauto has the retainer keepers at $0.22/ea, but they come in a back of 16 so that's about $3.50. I have to work Saturday, but Sunday I can hit up the junkyard and pick up the retainer and keepers for you as well as a valve if you haven't found anything by then.
                Tristan
                1997 SC Turbo
                1999 F-250 Powerstroke SD
                1999 Cavalier RS

Comment

Originally posted by tristanlee85
                  I found Rockauto has the retainer keepers at $0.22/ea, but they come in a back of 16 so that's about $3.50. I have to work Saturday, but Sunday I can hit up the junkyard and pick up the retainer and keepers for you as well as a valve if you haven't found anything by then.
                  Yup that'll work for me

Comment

I searched for "Valve Spring Retainer" on Rockauto online store as well which is mentioned on this forum post but didn't find it. Please suggest to me some good online stores for auto parts and accessories.
                    edit: I found it on online stores at ReeCoupons.
                    Last edited by juliadavid; 02-21-2021, 11:29 PM.

Comment