New Saturnfans Refugee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Saturnfans Refugee

New to Sixth Sphere. but not to Saturns. I've known about this form for a while now but haven't really had a reason to make an account. The spam on Saturnfans has been getting concerning lately so I figure I should have a plan B in case it randomly gets shut down one day. I drive a 97 SL2 auto. It's been mine since 2017, but it has been in the family sine 2000. It was maintained very well throughout it's life, but it did do a lot of sitting between 2013-2017. I've done a ton of work on it over the last couple of years. New suspension, subframe, motor mounts, all the filters, various mods...and really just too much to list. I feel like I have replaced everything I can I still have a lot planned for the future too. Work never seems to stop on this car, lol. I'll post pics when I have my 2 posts.
    97 SL2, auto, 117K miles
    Powered by Plastic

Oh wow a second post
    97 SL2, auto, 117K miles
    Powered by Plastic

Comment

I thought I had a more up to date pic of the engine bay, but apparently not. Just pretend the plug wires are red.
      Attached Files
      97 SL2, auto, 117K miles
      Powered by Plastic

Comment

Welcome Zeebins! Were the plug wires red up at boston? I thought I saw them at the show in the fall.
        -Chris

Comment

They where indeed red at the show. I actually put them on right before leaving that morning
          97 SL2, auto, 117K miles
          Powered by Plastic

Comment

Hello all. I’m another Saturnfans refugee. We had a 1999 SL1 for years that we towed behind our 1986 Airstream motor home. Perfect match. We loved our Saturn.
            A few years ago we decided to sell the motor home, so we sold our Saturn to some friends that had just bought a motor home.
            Well we found living without a motor home just didn’t work. We got a 1999 Airstream diesel pusher and started searching for another Saturn.
            We found a beautiful 2000 SW2 with only 44K miles! It’s like new!
            So now all is good in the world again.

Comment

Welcome Folks. Hopefully they can get stuff figured out but in the mean time nice to have you. My grandparents actually had a couple of SLs they towed behind their motorhomes over the years. I'm looking forward to towing mine with my truck/camper setup this summer
              Sixthsphere.com Owner
              2016 Honda Fit
              2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
              2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

New member looking for a place! Basically I am another refugee who has been forced to flee our saturnfans forum that has been spam infested! I own a 2008 Saturn Astra XR or Opel Astra H GTC or Vauxhall H MK5 that is running well maintained, strong, and full power! Does the name Sixth Sphere stands for Saturn S-Series? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Velo Cast View Post
                  New member looking for a place! Basically I am another refugee who has been forced to flee our saturnfans forum that has been spam infested! I own a 2008 Saturn Astra XR or Opel Astra H GTC or Vauxhall H MK5 that is running well maintained, strong, and full power! Does the name Sixth Sphere stands for Saturn S-Series? Thanks!
                  Sixth Sphere = Sixth Planet = Saturn
                  97 SL2, auto, 117K miles