Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time Saturn owner in Illinois

Hi all,
    I'm an active member on the other Saturn forum, but concerned about the unmoderated spam over there. I am a mostly stock Saturn guy though I do find hot rod projects interesting.
    '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
    Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
    Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
    '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

I'll post some pictures after I make my two posts and have been deemed worthy.
    '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
    '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

Welcome. Looks like your account should be all unlocked and good to go now
      Sixthsphere.com Owner
      2016 Honda Fit
      2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
      2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

Thanks SC2Sick! I've owned a '99 SL2 since new. Rebuilt it with my then-15 year old a little over 2 years ago. It's his daily driver. Bought a $500 SC2 for a project for my younger son a bit less than 2 years ago. He didn't like the 5 speed so he drives a $200 Buick Century instead. The SC2 is my DD.
        Saturn Boys small.jpghangar storage.jpg
        Last edited by Waiex191; 01-13-2020, 10:54 AM. Reason: Autocorrect
        '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
        '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

Looks like one of my old ones. Most people end up setting up build threads to track stuff over time: https://forum.sixthsphere.com/forum/...project-builds
          Sixthsphere.com Owner
          2016 Honda Fit
          2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD

Comment

Waiex191, I am concerned about the spam too, I am hoping it does not spell the end for saturnfans. Seems that Charlie does not want people as moderators, or has just about given up on the site. Glad to see you here though!

Comment

Welcome! You will Definatley be happier on this group.
              A lot less spam and a lot more people who know these cars inside and out

Comment

I've been impressed with the knowledge and experience on the other forum, but just like anywhere you have to filter out the people who don't know what they don't know. My big worry is the forum owner has lost interest. Would be a loss to the community.
                '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
                '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

Saturnfans website spam seems to be getting worse. I don't post here much anymore not fond of the bot they have. seems this place is baren since they started it.
                  2002 Saturn SC1, Metallic Orange , L24 EFI 1.9 , 208,498 miles

Comment

Their spam is pretty out of control. I've suggested a couple things that are easily implemented but I think they've fallen on deaf ears
                    Sixthsphere.com Owner
                    2016 Honda Fit
                    2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD

Comment

I don't really know much about how forms or websites work, but I think Saturnfans is struggling due to the outdated version of vbulletin it uses. Saturnfans runs on 3.8.9, and support ended for that version at the end of 2017. Again, I don't know if it being on an outdated version matters at all or not, but it does seem like it would cause a security issue. The website Isn't even https...only basic http
                      97 SL2, auto, 117K miles