No announcement yet.

Rhdsl1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still haven't started on the swap but it's on my mind. Been thinking about taking all my stuff and finding a nice 3G SC2 shell to put it in instead though as of late... like if I'm going to keep it forever it might as well be the one I like best...

Thinking of stripping the RHDSL1 down and identifying the firewall differences and seeing if it's practical to modify the LHD firewall to accept everything...
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

Anything is a bolt on with a welder and a plasma cutter.
      My recommendation is to build the car that you really want to have, it will take extra work but you will be far more happy in the end. I’ve played around with the idea of getting a RHD s-series but face the same challenge as practically speaking I really am only interested in a 1g wagon or coupe or a 3g coupe. You will definitely face some some work to make it happen with a 3g coupe however already having a good RHD donor car should make it much more simple to do.

I really have been tempted to do it with my 1g wagon build as I’m swapping to the 3rd gen dash making it just as practical to use the rhd version. Sadly with using the redline front subframe it nixes the whole idea with no option for a rhd steering rack on it.
      Jonathan
      Just a guy with a thing for tubeframes and motorswaps...
      Saturns, I have them, too many of them actually
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jon2001sc2 View Post
        My recommendation is to build the car that you really want to have, it will take extra work but you will be far more happy in the end
        This is what I'm kind of leaning towards. The SL is neat I guess, but I'd rather have a coupe.. especially if it's something I'm going to cage and keep forever. I'm not shy with a torch and welder and it would be pretty close to bolting into a 3G coupe I think
        Sixthsphere.com Owner
        2016 Honda Fit
        2002 Saturn SL1 - RHD
        2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment