Jon's first gen wagon v2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon's first gen wagon v2.0

Back in I think it was 09 I bought a 95 SW2 off craigs list in VA and proceeded to use it as a daily beater for the better part of 2 years. It was green with a tan leather interior and every option possible. In 2010 the autotragic started having more and more issues so I finally tossed in a freshened motor (the motor from the build that inspired Seann to build a SC1.5) with an MP3. This made for a fun daily driver loaded up with spare parts from years of racing and building saturns. The car had some issues such as a leaking roof, the leak ended up rusting the a-pillar enough that it cracked the windshield and stained the new headliner even after resealing the roof. The plans on building it into a silver daily driver that could also do track days was simply put on hold with work.
    Fast forward again to 2012, I had a redline ion sitting in my garage to do a motor swap into the green wagon. The roof leak and damage from it was really frustrating me with what was otherwise a good first gen wagon frame. Having my girlfriend leave me the week before had me ready to go spend time working on cars again so I stopped by the sphere and found a 95 SW2 for sale. http://www.sixthsphere.com/forum/sho...-out-will-come
    Now I hadn't been planning on buying a car but since I was starting to strip one car, whats a second car to strip down for parts... I realized that the parts would cover the cost of buying the car and would allow me to have effectively a new shell to work with for nearly free. Or at least that's how I justified it in my mind despite knowing that I'd probably be keeping most of them in my inventory and not doing a part out.

Since this car started out with norkahinz here I'll start with his origional build thread: http://www.sixthsphere.com/forum/sho...e-mighty-wagon

From here on I'll start documenting the car as it is reworked.
    Starting photos:

Jonathan
    Just a guy with a thing for tubeframes and motorswaps...
    Saturns, I have them, too many of them actually
    sigpic

Im damn excited to see a LSJ powered wagon!
    IN THE END...THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! 72 El Camino 5.3 T56 swap DD----95 SC2 LSJ [email protected] stock pulley. Drag racing is for quick cars... Roll racing is for fast cars! OWNER OF THE WORLDS FIRST LSJ POWERED 95 SC2!

Comment

Geez, that is such a clean car. It really makes me wish my cars hadn't been raised in New England. Glad to see its in good hands - especially excited to see the swap!
      '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
      '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
      '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
      Wanted Thread (None)

Comment

This should end very well!
        -RuD
        TOY: 95 SW1 Turbo 5 spd DOHC swapped - Sold.
        DD: 04 ION Redline (stock)

Comment

well after a bit of work I've started down the long dark road of modding yet another saturn....
          I hate to say it Seann, but your going to be safe for a while on being the lowest wagon, no way to tuck now until I finish widening both ends up a bit.

Seems the car came with a torn cv boot and a bad starter so its going to be another trip in to the shop tomorrow so I can get it up on the lift and get those taken care of when the parts show up. The wheels are XXR 531 15x8in 20 offset in gold from NLMotoring with Hankook Ventus R-S3's in 225/45r15. Currently the car has no spacers on it and rears are almost flush with the outside of the fender, a little negative camber and I could probably tuck them, the fronts are nowhere near close. I've got 1/2in rear spacers to go on eventually and the front is going to go about another 1in wider with the ecotec drivetrain so my planned widening will have to take place to get it down where I want it at. I'll see how much lower I can go before I start hitting on compression when I toss the amr's on this weekend. Really Hoping that I can eat up another half inch of drop and not eat the fenders up with the stiffer spring rates.
          Jonathan
          sigpic

Comment

That will look hot with the rear spacers in, much like Travis' wagon did. Looks really good. Wish that tire size came ina more affordable version....

-RuD
            TOY: 95 SW1 Turbo 5 spd DOHC swapped - Sold.
            DD: 04 ION Redline (stock)

Comment

I like the wheels. CCW reps are kinda nice. I may go that route with mine.
              I drive a wagon. It's not low, stanced or any other fun stuff. It's just a nice driver

Comment

I hate to think of them as ccw knock offs since I know the guys over there but the reality is I think about every race wheel manufacture has made a set of rims in that pattern other than maybe Fiske and Kodiak (well Kodiak has a 9 doubles rather than 10 like these). Had a guy with ccw's talking trash about them being knock offs tonight but that can't be avoided I guess, granted the turbo mustang I was out with started telling people his ccw's were actually xxr's when people asked him just to not look as fast as he really is.
                Jonathan
                sigpic

Comment

That will be cool when it's all finished. I like that style of rim, if I do decide to go with a more stanced look and order up some other rims, I might go with something like that. Fun to just change it up once in a while, easy enough to put back lol. I would be staying with the 7" wide though, that's a bit wide for what I want to do haha.
                  1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

i would think maybe about molding fender flares if you goinng that wide, mine hardly stick out and when my arm hangin out the window, i get hit with small rocks occasionally.
                    just a thought.

Comment

Lovin the wagon, rears looks great, as you said the front needs to come down a bit and larger fender flares, but I love where its going

Jer
                      Daily : 2011 Subaru WRX wagon
                      Ex daily driver : 2000 SW2 5spd, First S-series w/Hein's true A-arm front suspension, First sedan/wagon w/coupe front end conversion, boxed in rear subframe, SPS 3-way rear swaybar, Corado 11" rotor swap w/Wilwood superlight 2 front calipers, rear disk swap, Deeb's built engine w/dual intake cam's, OBX header, High flow cat, Thermal exhaust, MSD wires and coils, AEM CAI, OBX rad hoses, custom short throw shifter, black leather swap, black interior swap and there's a stereo somewhere in there.
                      Ex daily driver : 86 Fiero GT, 3800SC 4spd manual *SOLD*
                      Project : 85 Fiero GT, with the heart and soul of a 04 ION redline

Check out my project car "Fierion"

www.coppertopautosports.blogspot.com

Comment

I wish I could see these pics at work. Stupid media blocks.

James
                        sigpic
                        Click these links for my many projects
                        Shaved, Boosted, Purple Race Car
                        '64 C10 Build Officially LQ/NV3500 Swapped and Bagged
                        Soon to be bagged, LS Powered, '62 Impala

Comment

Camber, stretch, dump, be cool.

Comment

Now that I can see the pics my suggestion would be to widen front fenders but somehow keep same profile. What I mean is try to make fenders look factory.

James
                            sigpic
                            Click these links for my many projects
                            Shaved, Boosted, Purple Race Car
                            '64 C10 Build Officially LQ/NV3500 Swapped and Bagged
                            Soon to be bagged, LS Powered, '62 Impala

Comment

The plan was to widen the front clip by 2-4in depending on how much width the ecotec needed using stock fenders moved out with two fiberglass spacers to fill in between the hood and the now relocated fenders. The front bumper was also going to be sectioned and widened with potentially 300zx head lights mounted in it but I'm starting to lean to the stock lights, I'm really not sure yet. The aftermarket front actually sits fairly unstressed about 2in wider than the stock mounting so I think that even if I went with a stock bumper I could probably flex it out another couple of inches before having to section it any. The rear is much harder since the door is right there and it would have to carry in to it. I think I'd try for something like the E30 m3's had and some of the e36 widebodys used where the panel is widened rather than just a flair around the wheel arch. Granted I may run sc1 fenders for their rounded flair and graft a set of sc rears into the wagon rears to do it.
                              Jonathan
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X