GREENmeansGO TURBO UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GREENmeansGO TURBO UPDATE

Some have seen our 1995 Saturn SL2 TurboTron with the old small 16g turbo. We have since been doing a little tweaking, We had the old turbosaturns.net/Titan log manifold ceramic coated, upgraded to the forced performance big evo3 16g with atmospheric wastegate dumper,custom crower turbo cams, SDA Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacer with 2x SCE bead seal intk intake gaskets, along with the SCE Pro copper exhaust gasket and ICS Titan head gasket, accel coils since the msds took a shit,Pipmed SC2 dogbones,msd tach driver to run the 034 off rpm insted of the continuous as to get a better tune on more boost like 10-12 psi we used to run 3-5psi, and NGK Iridium Racing spark plugs R7434-9 thanks NGKTECH for the hook up, oh and nitto 555r drag radials on stock 15inch rims to handel the extra power.....for looks we have added a SEIBON CF hood changed the wheels to Konig Troubles in Graphite with Falken RT615 and having a custon CF trunk made up..I'm sure i'm forgetting a few things but will post as I remember.. also pics and dyno graph to come we have a dyno sesion Thursday!! wish us luck LOL....

Engine

-SDA P&P Forced Induction Head
    -SDA FULL PORT INTAKE MANIFOLD
    -SDA Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacers W/ 2x SCE Accu Seal IM gaskets
    -9.5:1 wiseco pistons(made for 99+)
    -99+ brand new rods
    -SDA 91-99 DOHC/SOHC Ported Throttle Body
    -Titan (tsn) log manifold flanged for mitsu turbo(ceramic coated)
    -copper exhaust mani gasket
    -SCE titan o-ringed copper head gasket
    -FP Big evo3 16g turbo with custom made adjustable wastegate
    -Tubular external 02/wastegate dump
    -Turbonetics raptor bov
    -034 eic with 2 x 450cc injectors and msd tach driver
    -ARP head studs
    -31x7x3 FMIC
    -ACT HDSS clutch
    -SDA top motor mount
    -MSD wires
    -accel coils
    -Aluminum radiator
    -Powdercoated valve cover
    -Pimped_SC2 Billet dog bones
    -Crower cams
    -Odyssey dry cell mini battery w/ aluminum tray

Suspension

-Eibach Prokit
    -KYB struts
    -Ebay front strut tower bar---soon to be AMR
    -Falken RT615

Interior

-Autometer procomp Boost & oil pressure gauge(in custom fiberglass pod)
    -Carbonfiber gauge bezel & dash kit
    -SZP short shifter w/ 2005 ion redline shift knob
    - Front & Rear seats redone with black inserts (SATURN in the headrest)
    -New headliner
    -Mirror tint all around

Exterior

-Orange panited pinstrips
    -Konig Trouble wheels in Graphite (16")
    -Clear bumperlights
    -Touring Spoiler
    -Black and chrome badges
    -SEIBON CF hood

Audio

-12 disk in trunk
    -Memphis pr speakers in doors
    -JAKE-

1995 SL2 Turbo Big Evo 3 16g 227.24 whp and 198.09tq @ 10psi (wife's toy)
    2004 YJ GTO Cammed-n-sprayed [email protected] (my toy)
    2005 Sabb 9-7x arc 5.3l lh6 awd (my dd)
    2009 PSM G8 GT [email protected] on 87* and 28mpg (wife's dd)

Re: GREENmeansGO TURBO UPDATE

looks good Jake. My only worry is the stock rods.

Best of luck on the dyno. Cant wait to see the results. The dyno is something i want to do this summer once i get my shit tuned and desired boost.

Comment

I'm not to woried about the rods since they are 99style oem fracture rods witch are a bit tuffer. remember Turbosl2 from turbosaturns.net ran 20psi on them dd. but we will see.. I hope they dont let go any way lol.....and its getting tuned on the dyno by performance by joe he is a good guy..
      -JAKE-

Comment

very nice. I do seem to remember that about the rods. But, kinda like Tristan on the stock 3rd gen engine. But, iirc they were both running spark also which imo makes the difference.

anyway not trying to be a dick but, just concerned and either way I wish the best of luck. So when is this going to happen exactly?

Comment

Thursday the 30th so 3 days from now...
          -JAKE-

Comment

rock on. cant wait. I'm guessing your getting vids also right?

Comment

Originally posted by GREENmeansGO
              I'm not to woried about the rods since they are 99style oem fracture rods witch are a bit tuffer. remember Turbosl2 from turbosaturns.net ran 20psi on them dd. but we will see.. I hope they dont let go any way lol.....and its getting tuned on the dyno by performance by joe he is a good guy..
              I think that guy also talked out his ass a little too, or at least over-exaggerated. My last stock engine was a DD on 17psi... for 3 days until the rod bent. You'll be fine on 20psi with stock rods as long as your tune sucks and the engine flows crappy enough to not make any torque. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]
              Tristan
              1997 SC Turbo
              1999 F-250 Powerstroke SD
              1999 Cavalier RS

Comment

Well if it taps out it taps out, I'm not scared to spend money so if it let's loose it will just be put back together bigger and better.....
                -JAKE-

Comment

Well if it taps out it taps out, I'm not scared to spend money so if it let's loose it will just be put back together bigger and better.....
                  if that's the case just say fuck it and buy a set of crowers now [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img] oh wait, you got 99+ style pistons.... hmm.
                  98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                  94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                  94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

good luck on the dyno, i hope it holds up for you. i'd love to see some pics though
                    ask any tuner, and he can probably show you his &quot;box&quot; of broken parts.<br /><br />serving my country everyday for the next eight years

Comment

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/ttiwwop.gif[/img]
                      95 sl2 5speed : CAI, Geo tb, sda tam, sprint 2.0, Kyb gr2
                      sigpic
                      nu po russki?

Comment

green sl2 first gen pics have been posted in the past on tsn and i thought on here. hmm... his avatar is one pic. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecterCoupe93
                          nice effort
                          ask any tuner, and he can probably show you his &quot;box&quot; of broken parts.<br /><br />serving my country everyday for the next eight years

Comment

Originally posted by punkboySL2
                            if that's the case just say fuck it and buy a set of crowers now [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img] oh wait, you got 99+ style pistons.... hmm.

1.9L SATURN 1999-UP BILLET CROWEROD 5.846 SET/4 CR-B93737B-4 $747.00

I'll pick them up for build #3, lol...I'll post up updated pics after thursday when shes all cleaned up for the dyno... thanks for checking her out
                            -JAKE-

Comment

Well we got the car dynoed today, and all went well with the new AEM FIC wired up and working perfect!! we put down 205whp on 7psi right off that bat and tweaked it up to 10psi and a final number of 227.24 whp and 198.09 wheel torque at 10psi. car runs and drives great in and out of boost. I made a plug and play harness for the aem and we went with ford racing 42lb/hr injectors.

-JAKE-

Comment