X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProDarwin's 1995 YZF 600R

1995 YZF600R
    Current Mileage (03/20/2009) ~19,500

The pic is from last summer at some point. When I get a chance to clean it up again, I'll get another. Right now it's covered in mud.

Current mods:
    Suspension for 180lb rider
    Factory Pro Shift Kit
    D&D + rejet

To do list:

-Fix 2nd gear (pain in the ass)
    -front brake pads
    -rubber front fairing mounts
    -replace or repair gen. cover (rash - see above)
    -replace frame sliders
    -get rear turn signals working again
    -clean clean clean clean clean
    -thermostat
    -horn mount/hella horns
    -Finish new wheels. Need a front. Probably silver, white, or black w/ polished lip.

Last night I completed:
    -new front fork oil + seals + dustboots + washers
    -new front springs 0.900 (0.773 Stock)
    -installed used rear coilover w/ external reservoir from 2003 - 8.8kg (??? stock).
    -new cush drive

suspension feels OMG awesome now... almost want to take it to the dragon.
    ilostmysocketwrench | Bentra Motorsports Blog | Bentra Motorsports Videos

Re: ProDarwin's 1995 YZF 600R

makes me want to get the carbs workin on the gsxr
    looks good man
    sigpic-VOLVO 745T 175K MBC ...
    - 9 BOLT Aluminum Intake 3rd gen sedan... Beige... 160K

You're so crazy! enough in a way that i'll probably say you destroyed me!
    ~The Used

Comment

very cool.

Comment

take it to the dragon that way Im not alone on a bike [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img] looks good man, keep it going. I'd love to see that with a R6 front and swingarm. I am putting the R6 SA on my SV eventually too.

trick to getting wheels done is to use aircraft stipper then clean the paint off. if you want a polished lip polish it prior to getting it baked then again after it will look awesome. I think black with polished is best for you with a black reflective wheel stripe.
        sigpic

Comment

96 forks have the cartridge dampers and are an easy swap. The swingarm from an R6 should bolt up. I'm not sure, but I believe the geometry is unchanged, so it's kinda pointless.

Comment

just for looks my friend just for looks. yours is much lighter anyway
            sigpic

Comment

Windshield fasteners fixed.
              Thermostat + oil change + some wiring work tomorrow I hope.
              Picked up a spare rear wheel. Need to find a front, and also work out a color scheme. Once its clean, I'll get a good side photo and [have someone else] do a couple photoshops.

Originally posted by dream36realms
              just for looks my friend just for looks. yours is much lighter anyway
              What is much lighter?

Comment

T-stat + oil change complete. Have to pick up a small kit and a multi-meter to do the wiring. I snagged a set of cleaning brushes from Advance and they do a pretty good job of polishing up the wheels. A couple hours of free time, and I can have them looking pretty good again. Unfortunately I don't have a front stand, so I can't pull the front wheel.

R6 swing arm does not bolt up. Oh well, don't really care, I'm pretty happy with the suspension for now.

I did find that R6 calipers are bolt on... and cost less than replacing the stock pads! I do need to get a 14mm master cylinder though. Looking into that.

Comment

I got a 14mm radial at my house. I may send it your way once Im done and if you aint in a hurry. I meant your stock SA is lighter iirc. I am gonna have to go onto the yzf forums to research some stuff. The R6 SA I am installing on the SV doesnt even come close to fitting, I will have to cut, weld, bend all kinds off stuff to make it work. I will be adding 3lbs and loosing HP (due to rerouting of rear exhaust). But damn it will look pimp, I dont even care that my handling dynamics will be effected much.

Anyway good job on all the progress. Yeah those mono-calipers are freakin sweet looking. I could do them but would have to get bigger rotors and spacers.

As far as getting the wheel off I would use jackstands and run them off of your sliders or if you dont have them yet stick a 5/8" steel rod through the engine bolt thingy that is open all the way through that will get it off the ground while you work. Take a look at arthur's thread for his SV you will see waht I mean.

what tyres you running?
                  sigpic

Comment

Well damn, maybe I will need to start a thread! I just bought about 1200 dollars worth of GSXR parts and a Trail Tech Veypor and 520 conversion and all kinds of toys. <3 bikes. I cant wait to ride again!

Comment

Oh shit. Just came across a motor for sale... about $50 more than fixing my transmission the "right" way. Its a fucking monster... stroked YZF motor with a FZR crank. Base tune put down 111whp.

Have to check into 2nd gear fixes a hair more before pulling the trigger on this beast. Dear god.

Comment

Do it!

My Seca had a shitty 2nd gear too. I wonder if it shared a similar tranny design, or if mine was just fucked.

Get the motor! I am looking for one too, but of course not an I4 [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Its a yamaha thing.

My 2nd may not be that bad, but I may just snag this motor while I can. I can always sell it later, the bottom end alone is work $1k [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'll probably try the quick fix for 2nd and a couple track events before dropping in the new motor. Lets see how 90whp feels before moving to 110. I was hauling down the interstate today for the first time in a long time. 90 is more than enough to get you in serious fucking trouble lol.

Comment

wow you would have a sleeper bike lol

Comment

yeah do it. I got 65hp, that is more than enough to get me in trouble, lol
                              sigpic

Comment