Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Shaolin's Rotary Rocket - Change of plans - Going Turbo

Originally posted by The Shaolin
    Minimum wage down here is $12 something.
    Crikey Mate! Thats nuts. Is their economy booming right now?

Back to the build. Good job on it. Have you put any thought into doing another one and just doing a Chevy V8 swap? I've read a fair amount about it. Just wondering. I like the turbo build tho. I was going to buy one of the 2nd gen 7s before I figured out it wouldn't be a good car to try and learn to work on when I was 16. Did you pick the color or was it that way when you got it?
    Amber - 1993 Saturn SW-II 1.9 MT 211,000miles -Daily Beater Whore
    2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 8.1 MT 2WD -Occasional Fuel Whore/Tow Queen.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque dictates how far you take the wall with you!

Be careful where you go. Remember where you've been. Thats the way I see it. I'm a simple man.

Comment

Nah, the USD is just so low that it's worth working here. The USD used to be worth twice as much, which makes our minimum wage the same...now that the USD is so low, everything is way more expensive, but I also earn more.

Yeah, I actually plan on doing a V8 swap some day...something like $2000-ish for 400+ daily driven, bulletproof horsepower? Someday, when I've got a parking lot in my back yard... The goal of this build is not massive HP, or I would have gone with the LS1. The rotary is just way too sweet to ditch.

I was going to buy the car and part it out, but when I saw it, I didn't want to send a car with newish aftermarket paint to the crusher. I didn't pick it out, but I like it now! I was a little cheesed when I figured out the original color of the car...tornado silver metallic, probably my favorite factory color:

(yes, I know that's a first gen)
      -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
      -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
      -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
      -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
      -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

just bought my turbo [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/evil.gif[/img]

Holset H1E, early equivalent to a Holset HX40. Mine is brand new.

it's damn near the same size as a GT40r(top):

Compressor inducer: 58.05mm
        Compressor exducer: 81.57mm

This thing is going to be very, very bored at 350whp...hahaha.
        -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero

Comment

Did you pic that up down there? Nice find bro. Did you know that turbo xs is from Australia too?

Comment

Nope, I've been buying everything on eBay (us) and having it shipped to my house back home. Haha.

I didn't know that...all the speed comes from down under, apparently!
            -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero

Comment

should have went with a chinese turbo and megasquirt. would save enough money to buy four turds and turbo two of them
              2000 SL2 5 speed, boosted, meth injected, parted out...268whp & 254wtq (stock pump maxed out)..

Comment

That is the gayest idea evar. Just cuz you decided to go ching chong on everything aspect of your car doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

WTF are you finding all this money Nathan? I don't even have much extra cash and I'm not even going to school.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticPower8500
                  should have went with a chinese turbo and megasquirt. would save enough money to buy four turds and turbo two of them

GTFO out of my thread. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things, and I prefer not to rebuild my engine after a month of boost and put down more than 175HP.

Here's a picture of my turbo. I don't need your advice [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]

Brand new holset>>>>>>>>>ching chong piece of shit

REAL standalone>>>megasquirt
                  -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero

Comment

BUT I RIKE CHINESE TURBOS ^_________________^ but my kittah has gone missing ever since i installed my turbo... hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticPower8500

GTFO out of my thread. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things, and I prefer not to rebuild my engine after a month of boost and put down more than 175HP.

Here's a picture of my turbo. I don't need your advice [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]

Brand new holset>>>>>>>>>ching chong piece of shit

REAL standalone>>>megasquirt

jesus dont get sucked in..............barefooted hippie lulz
                      <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

-2008 Saab 9-7x Aero

Comment

thats just nuts!

Comment

I'm in love with that last pic. The rotor just chilling on the floor is hot.

I can't remember if this was talked about earlier in the thread, what are the apex seals made of exactly? I've been told by everyone who says they know everything that they are made out of rubber but I have a severely hard time swallowing that load of shit.

Be careful where you go. Remember where you've been. Thats the way I see it. I'm a simple man.

Comment

bwahaha, no, they're not rubber. the racing ones are ceramic and super expensive. the normal ones are some sort of metal.
                              -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero

Comment

bwahaha, no, they're not rubber. the racing ones are ceramic and super expensive. the normal ones are some sort of metal.
                                I didnt think they were rubber. I just wanted to hear it from someone who knew first hand.

Comment