Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 built N/A

Howdy everyone!

I have attached the web address to the video of my 13+:1 compression ratio 2+L, with solid lifters and cams that Force would send back as too radical.

I do need some help!!!!!!

I have a brand new ACT 4 puck sprung clutch with brand new Fidanza aluminum flywheel. At first for about a minute the clutch was perfect, then it started to slip like it almost wasn't engaging. I have determined it can't be the slave cylinder due to it is not engaging, I torqued the flywheel to 60 lbs with red locktight on them, an pressure plate to 20 lbs with lock washers and new bolts provided from Fidanza and red locktight. I found read the instructions from Fidanza and it instructed to use the factory torques specs. So my only guess is that the torque specs are a little light and I should bump them up increasing preload on the disc. Please weigh in on what torque spec you all think will work or what you think it could be. I have already taken it all out due to it doing the same exact thing before and I changed the flywheel from a knock off or old Fidanza to a brand new one. After inspecting the clutch it was in perfect shape.

Thank you all in adavance!

https://www.facebook.com/759362411/v...8361296037412/

Update!!!!

I have put a new fidenza flywheel with it. I show no oil on any of it I tighted up the torque to 45lbs per acts installer guide and it still slips like it is on ice. I am talking no weird noises or smells. I need help please on what you all think it is.

I have double checked the following
    All surfaces were throughout prepped
    Torqued according to instructs with new 10.9 class bolts
    Brand new act sprung 4 puck with matching kit
    Brand New fidenza aluminum flywheel No leaks confirmed and very lit lube used on input splines no residue anywhere.

I reused the clutch assembly from a 1993 Saturn but was in good working order and feels good

I have done nothing more than start her up and it slips quickly after it gets going so I stop there
    No weird noises, any kind of smell, or smoke.

Like I said before please members of this form help me spitball some ideas to figure out what's going on.
    Last edited by rtbahler; 08-10-2020, 09:51 AM.

Comment