Leafy's Boost Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leafy's Boost Build

Pictures speak a thousand words, or in this case north of 200 horses.

That is in this.

Still needs work on the tune, I've got in boost handled well, but low tps low rpm boost is a bit of an issue and right now idle and cruise need a lot more work but the closed loop fuel trims are handling it for now. Tuning boost in alpha-n really sucks, but at least I have near zero wiring to tune. Having the stock exhaust mean I make boost at 15% throttle at 1500 rpms in 5th gear, and I cant really tune for that at the moment, which sucks. And the stock exhaust also means that I'm making like 16 psi in 3rd gear, and likely more in 4th and 5th but I've not hit that rpm range in those gears yet (thats god damned fast ya know). I'd really like to get that down so i can get my iat's down.

And there is one fail,

But as I write this everything I need to exile the battery into the trunk is sitting next to me and I'll get around to it eventually.

Finished:
    MP62 SC, 2.8" pulley
    Dual pass endplate
    Cobra heat exchanger
    80% there Hp tuners tune
    60 lb injectors and custom injector harness (yay, I got to solder, not really yay)
    Innovate LC1 wideband
    Tein Super Sport Coilovers
    Dunlop Direzza Z1 star specs
    HomeDepot lip kit
    Battery relocation
    TTR Top engine mount
    TTR dogbone

To Go:
    TTR transmission mounts
    Pacesetter LSJ header (armour coat) and custom downpipe (catless)
    Custom header back exhaust dynomax VT muffler and doing actual math to pick out a resonator
    Rear sway
    rear tie bar - nixing this one, I discovered that its actually a terrible thing to run and now a few other j-body guys are taking theirs off
    Cadillac trunk brace
    front stb
    Better throttle body adaptor
    Last edited by Leafy; 11-19-2010, 07:13 PM.
    1994 SL2 HCE auto Head Gasket is still good, just had condensation in the crank case.
    02 Chevy Cavalier LSS 5 spd S/C
    one shitty car to another one
    fly wheel, shifter, pcm, and misc saturn parts for sale.

WPI class of '12 ME
    WPI Engineers Paintball Team Captain

Re: Leafy's Boost Build

Ethanol and Boost: My Anti-Drugs.

2016 Chevrolet Colorado LT - HNNNNGG.
    1999 Ford Dangah Rangah XLT - Junk haulin' junker-slut.
    1998 Saturn SC2 - Garbage. Pure, unadulterated, unapologetic, garbage.
    Gone: 2004 POSRT4 - 372/425 @ 20psi, "Super safe tune" --- 4xx/4xx @ 26psi, "BAMF Tune"
    Next: 1990 Supra "LOLNOJZ" - LSx, 4L80E, Megasquirt, whole lot of Ethanol, whole lot of snail...

Comment

*jealous*

But not jealous of your platform

Comment

For some reason I've always liked the look of that style Cavi. Get some proper wheels on that thing asap and lower it.

I am certainly not jealous of that god damned interior though. Gut+racing seats>stock, clean, non rattling interior on those things.
        sigpic

Comment

It is lowered. And its as low as it can go in the front without fucking up the suspension geometry. And I can't afford new rims at the moment, heck I'm still saving up for motor mounts. It will be getting 4th gen f-body seats once I get around to the pull a part, they bolt right in.

And don't diss the platform, its esentially the same as a delta (cobalt, ion, g5) but weighs 300 pounds less.

And donnie, I like your optimism.
          1994 SL2 HCE auto Head Gasket is still good, just had condensation in the crank case.

WPI class of '12 ME

Comment

Where the fuck did you come from? Also, nice cavaquire. There is a guy around me with a nice FMIC in his bumper. Not sure what that's for, but it also whistles and makes other funky noises.

Comment

Originally posted by Leafy

And don't diss the platform, its esentially the same as a delta (cobalt, ion, g5) but weighs 300 pounds less.
              Solid beam rear suspension, need I say more? Can you do a rear disc swap on that thing? It may be lighter than a Delta, but I hate them too, so thats not saying anything. I, actually hate anything that is not fully independently suspended. Why? Because I am not a drag racer, I take corners at a billion miles an hour, and sometimes they have imperfections mid corner. Something that torsion beam suspension cant handle. I mean, how do you adjust rear camber and toe?

Trucks dont count in this opinion of mine

But I will say again, I am not jealous of the platform, nice engine/ supercharger and I am jealous you can use HP Tuners.

Comment

Yeah the rear suspension sucks, but the handling is not as terrible as I thought it was going to be. The rear end actually doesnt take bumps that bad, the front looses grip in mid corner bumps right now. Once I get in the rear bar and some chassis bracing it'll just feel like driving a gocart. I can do a rear disk swap, basically most Chrysler rear disks will swap on with minimal machining. The issue is to do it with all new performance parts it would only be about a hundred bucks more to just buy the baer or ssb kit and get even bigger rotors. But then I'd need bigger fronts because the rears would be bigger than the fronts. Looking at it I can fill my rims with brakes for about $1700 for front and rear.
                Dont be too jealous about my use of hp tuners. I can only do alpha-n which is throttle position vs rpm for my fuel tables. It makes tuning for boost like shooting yourself in the face compared to speed density. There is a guy working on a custom operating system for it. Theres also the possibly of switching to the computer from a quad for cavalier since they have a 2 bar speed density reflash for them, it would involve repining the harness and swapping to an msd ignition but its still easier than megasquirt.

WPI class of '12 ME

Comment

", it would involve repining the harness and swapping to an msd ignition but its still easier than megasquirt."

Barely, and it wouldn't give you the same tunability.
                  - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

But the quad4 pcm costs like 15 bucks from the junk yard and its oem and will pass emissions and still work with my bcm.

WPI class of '12 ME

Comment

pretty cool, i have an LSJ manifold if you wanna purchase it off of me
                      98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                      94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                      94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by punkboySL2
                        as in the stock lsj header?

WPI class of '12 ME

Comment

i thought you died. damnit.
                          1995 Saturn SW2: Crushed
                          1995 Saturn SW2: Lower Than You

Comment

Originally posted by Leafy
                            Originally posted by punkboySL2
                            as in the stock lsj header?
                            I have the manifold, not the downpipe though. It's in good shape, comes with the o2 sensor and the header to head gasket.
                            98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                            94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                            94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

Its really not the header I want to run. I already have a tusdo 4-2-1 cavalier header, but I really want to run the pacesetter 4-1 because it has 1.75" primaries and with the blower I need more top end power, bottom end is fine.

Oh and some kill stories today because we had an unofficial wpi motor sports meeting. Killed a Jetta GLI running 26psi on the stock Ko3 turbo from a stop. and killed a stock 08 civic si from a 2nd gear roll, even started at the same speed in 3rd gear and beat him. I'm happy that I went from the slowest car in the motorsports club to the 2nd or 3rd fastest over 1 summer.

WPI class of '12 ME

Comment