The new grocery getter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new grocery getter

I have been looking for a wagon for a while now and just found one on craigslist. I called and talked to the owner and decided it was worth looking at. 236k on the clock with a very complete maintenance history. The car sat for about 2 years and I was told it didn't run and needed a bunch of work. They where asking $700 for it and I thought it was worth $400 so after some negotiating I picked it up for $450. I got it home charged the battery and it started rate up.

This is how it looked when I got it home.

It needed tires so I checked craigslist and found these rims and new tires for $450, sweet.

A little heat gun action to take the stickers off and voila, a new daily driver for under a g.

I planned on changing the engine with another I have sitting around, but this one seems to run quite well. Some plans for this car include.

`tint the windows 20% all the way around
    `some kind of intake
    `header and cat delete
    `trailer hitch
    `twin intake cams ( if the motor comes apart)
    `remote start
    `fix a/c

`

Re: The new grocery getter

looks good needs more lowering . wish i could find a wagon that cheap
    <br /><br />[quote author=JRSTANGE link=topic=43776.msg738596#msg738596 date=1240792003]<br />&nbsp; this time the penatration was awesome! I love your turd<br />[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by tylersloan
      looks good needs more lowering . wish i could find a wagon that cheap
      I would love to slam this thing out but its just not going to happen. I need to be able to pull a small trailer with my bike on it. Lowered cars and Michigan roads ftl.

Comment

with those wheels you could run H&R's and have stock ground clearance.

Comment

Nice find my Man.

3rd Gen SW2.
          Say what you mean and mean what you say.
          Talk is Cheap, Actions speak LOUDER than Words.
          I don't look for Street Races, they find Me !
          Keep it Real !

Comment

The POLACK Corporation? lol WTF?

Nice find BTW, you're making me jealous, in terms of the rims and the wagon! I don't really have much room for another car, seeing as the company truck has to stay at home, but I keep looking for a wagon and rims, so far, nothing.

http://www.sixthsphere.com/forum/sho...kJoke-1994-SL2

PM me if you need clean, rust-free parts

Comment

It really seemed like everything fell together with this. I picked up the car yesterday and its already road worthy, it never happens like that.

Comment

I had a chance to get a few more things done with the car. The lock cylinder and keys got replaced as well as the steering wheel. I had a nice coupe wheel so I swapped that out while I was doing the ignition work. I had the windows tinted 20% all around and a limo strip across the windshield. This thing is pathetically slow so a home made intake and header with cat delete was in order. Its still slow but I couldn't ask for much more out of a motor that has 235k on it. I also wheeled and waxed the car and it really did come out nice, with the exception of a million stone chips that have been touched up. Here's some recent pics of the work.

Comment

White wagon Win! Like the wheels but also think it needs lowered. You can get about 1" drop by using Eibachs and some of my 1/4" strut spacers. Still plenty of clearance and will do fine towing. PM me if you want a set. Tint looks sweet with white plus the great thing about white is that it is somewhat blinding so you don't notice paint chips. Can't see any in the pics. Looks perfect from here.
                  current build: 95 wagon, completed build: 95 sc1 to DOHC

Comment

You make me sick.

Is that a brand new header?!
                    - Nate

2001 SL2m - Just about everything BUT the boost. High comp./N20 motor on the way.
                    2000 SW2a - Newest member to the fold. .04 factory overbore.
                    1998 Chevrolet 1500 Heavy 1/2 Ton. - Overweight, underpowered, bored .04

Comment

Originally posted by anti-rice 01sl2
                      You make me sick.

Is that a brand new header?!

Ya new in the box. I picked it up on here from cossh, he gave me a great deal on it.

So after driving it for a few days I think the cat must have been plugged because the performance is a lot better. I do however hate the ricer sound from not having a cat on there. I think I mite get some sort of resonator to try and drown the buzz down a bit.

Comment

damn that came together FAST! Looks good for being a week old or whatever....please at least get H&R sports or eibachs...you'll thank us later.

-RuD
                        TOY: 95 SW1 Turbo 5 spd DOHC swapped - Sold.
                        DD: 04 ION Redline (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by sw2low
                          damn that came together FAST! Looks good for being a week old or whatever....please at least get H&R sports or eibachs...you'll thank us later.

-RuD
                          Its not his first saturn. He knows stock height from lowered.
                          - Nate

2001 SL2m - Just about everything BUT the boost. High comp./N20 motor on the way.

Comment

Alright I absolutely hate the way this thing sounds, so I picked this up from the bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dynom...item2eaf185fbf

I really would like to slam this thing but it's not going to happen. I took on a bit of a road trip with the wife/kid/dogs and it got a whopping 27 mpg........WTF. Hopefully the recent mods will help with the mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by michigansaturn
                              I took on a bit of a road trip with the wife/kid/dogs and it got a whopping 27 mpg........WTF. Hopefully the recent mods will help with the mileage.
                              Check the ECTS?
                              - Nate

Comment