No power to pink wire on ICM 94 S series wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No power to pink wire on ICM 94 S series wagon

First off sorry this is my first time posting on a forum. So I bought this 94 S series (dirt track racecar) and it was driven into the garage where it sat for 3 years, So I got it home and started cleaning things up and tried starting it and it has no spark on the coil towers. I checked the pink wire for the 12volts and has nothing, I checked all fuses and they are good. Just wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on where to start?

I'd start with the 30A fuses under the hood. Also check the main relay by the passenger's feet make sure it's not stuck. Might try swapping those around.
    Sixthsphere.com Owner
    2016 Honda Fit
    2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
    2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

Yeah the 30amp fuses were good. I swapped the relay inside with one from my other Saturn and still nothing.

Comment

Dunno if you got it figured out or not but the pink wire goes directly to a 7.5a "DIS" fuse in the UHJB. It's fed from the giant green 30a fuse "IGN 4". Check the DIS fuse for power, if it does have power then check the wire for continuity from the fuse to the connector just to confirm a wire break. I don't know what the "correct" fix would be, but I'd probably just run a new wire to the fuse and the connector to verify that's the fix, then tear the UHJB apart to more properly connect it.
        2004 Subaru Outback 5spd
        1999 Mustang V6 5spd

Comment

No I haven't gotten it figured out yet, but I also haven't been able to get in the garage in a couple weeks due to so much going on. But I did do a little more checking last time and I also discovered there's no power going to the fuel relay fuses inside the car. I do have power in the UHJB, so now I'm down to searching inside the car now for wire damage.

Comment