Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Edit* Carbon Fiber Pillar Pods: Read Yellow Post on Pg.8

***See below for Current Buy-In List***
    Figured I'd throw this up because we kinda hinted that we all wanted some custom carbon fiber parts. Most people will want hoods and stuff which is fine. But I figured, start with smaller things first, that way we can afford it rather quickly and get some idea for a turnaround time. I have contacted SEIBON directly and we would need 20 people to get started. We would also need to send them the part we want made out of carbon fiber. Since I'm putting this here, whatever we wanted, I would get from the junkyard to send to them to copy. Sooo, post up if you have any ideas, comments, etc. Again, we can start with something smaller than a hood so we can get stuff in our hands faster and it's not as much as a chuck out of our wallets/pocketbooks.

Discuss.
    -----------------------
    Looks like we're starting with 3-pod gauge pillars in either carbon fiber or fiberglass. Below are the names of those interested as of 1/26/09:

2nd/3rd Gen SLs:
    1. GyrlSpeedRT
    2. anti-rice 01sl2
    3. skaterdc
    4. classic plastic
    5. whistler19
    6. bluesl2

2nd/3rd Gen SCs:
    1. KandyblueSC2
    2. psyco940
    3. darkangel777 (and 1st gen)
    Carbon Fiber
    100.00%
    Fiberglass
    0.00%

The Site ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com
    Buy something dammit ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com/shop
    ***Secretly wants a VW R32***

Re: Feeler: SEIBON Carbon Fiber Parts

guage pod?
    92 TSI- Dead<br />94 Sc2- Dead<br />02 Sc2- Mods: WAI, Hotshot Header, Thermal Catback, SAFCII, Solid&#39;s all around, Front &amp; Rear STB&#39;s

Comment

i could go for gauge pods (pillar pods) and also the passenger side pillar as well??
      <br />Yeah...It's a saturn...If you don't like it...BLOW ME!!!!<br /><br />http&#58;//www&#46;cardomain&#46;com/id/kandybluesc2<br /><br />97 SC2 Show Car<br />94 SC2 Show Car<br />06 ION QC DD

Comment

The whole damned car. Send in a whole unibody! But no really, custom formed guage pod would be good. I could treat it as leveling up up every time I can afford a part that'd require a new guage.
        2013 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 6MT with Trifecta premium fuel tune:
        Saturn Sc2 (No longer owned):

Comment

under-body?
          lol
          $$$$$

Comment

I also wouldn't mind having a carbon fiber piece for the glovebox...???
            <br />Yeah...It's a saturn...If you don't like it...BLOW ME!!!!<br /><br />http&#58;//www&#46;cardomain&#46;com/id/kandybluesc2<br /><br />97 SC2 Show Car<br />94 SC2 Show Car<br />06 ION QC DD

Comment

+1 on 3rd gen sl pillar pods and matching passenger pillar
              - Nate

2001 SL2m - Just about everything BUT the boost. High comp./N20 motor on the way.
              2000 SW2a - Newest member to the fold. .04 factory overbore.
              1998 Chevrolet 1500 Heavy 1/2 Ton. - Overweight, underpowered, bored .04

Comment

gauge pods are my first choice, but i would like to see interior trim peices aswell
                do the world a favor hurt a honda...<br />[img width=430 height=40]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/976/stc_banners-sc2uned.jpg[/img]<br />[img width=312 height=150]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/sc2uned/sc2unedbanner-3-1.jpg[/img]

Comment

CF Trunk Inserts or Valve Cover.

It's going to be tough to find a part that every/most S-Series have in common that you'll want in CF.
                  Huff &amp; Doback<br />Prestige Worldwide<br />

Comment

i want a cf flywheel.

lol jk
                    Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
                    <br />
                    <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
                    <br />
                    <br />tool:
                    <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
                    <br />
                    <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

trunk lid
                      2000 SL2 track car<br />http://www.tachitupmotorsports.com/

Comment

brake disks
                        2000 SL2 5 speed, boosted, meth injected, parted out...268whp &amp; 254wtq (stock pump maxed out)..

Comment

2nd gen pillar pod, and matching pass. side unless they're affordable enough as a set
                          with tabs that won't break off when you remove them
                          --Orangekid13<br />1997 SC2, Green<br />- Thermal R&amp -- &#39;92 Header -- gsi tb/3&quot; mandrel intake<br />- Konig rims -- sps billet stb/streetrix rear<br />- Valentine 1 - Uniden PC68Elite CB - infinity speakers<br />- LED 3rd brake light - LED signal mirrors- tinted clear corners<br />- PIAA sports horn - Ventshades<br />coming soon: 3g headlights, LED gauges, LED tails?

Comment

i have seen some look alike cf pieces that come in a kit with the door handle trim, stereo trim and power lock trim, and the instrument trim. just stick on of course, it would be nice to see some real cf..... but guage pod would be very cool, pillars cool....id be up for any of em...im in
                            [img]93 sc2---NEW tranny. kyb gr2 shocks. MOTOR has hypernetric pistons, scat rods, dual valve springs, high flow valves SDA, high temp seals, chromemoly rings, 55 mm throttle body. pace setter cat back and k7n filtercharger

Comment

Originally posted by Foxxy02SC2
                              CF Trunk Inserts or Valve Cover.

It's going to be tough to find a part that every/most S-Series have in common that you'll want in CF.
                              What he said. Plus, maybe the center console.
                              RMR Sport SC2 Slow

Originally posted by tek
                              I think Kob is an anal astronaut, lol.

Comment