42. lot49gp, No PC/either SHIPPED
    43. Silent Bob, Black/Red SHIPPED
    44. project_sl-2, Black/Red SHIPPED
    45. aeroblu22, PINK/Red SHIPPED

--Adam
    2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Re: Earthshaker 2.0 Concept

wont it break the timing cover and crap? IM SCARED!!!!
    [quote author="triman54 on s2ki.com, May 16 2008, 04:02 PM"] A Saturn is like a box of chocolates... [/quote]<br /><br />2007 Central Florida Region East Coast Champion STS<br />2007 CFR West Coast Champion STS<br /><br />

Comment

Call it the groundpounder
      -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
      -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
      -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
      -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
      -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Originally posted by xupthree60
        wont it break the timing cover and crap? IM SCARED!!!!
        No worries, I have the earthshaker and I put down the punishment. It will not shatter your cover , put me on the maybe list.

If I like how it is priced, I might be able to buy between 10-15 and sell them to the non-group buy guys and gals at a slightly higher price for my time and effort.

I did the end-]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
        Fixing a Saturn can be like reaching into a bag of scorpions and hoping for the tootsie roll.

AMR coilovers w/pillowball mounts, AMR FTB, AMR RST, Quaife, ACT clutch, HR con rods with JPC max bore pistons, Thermal exhaust, Hotshot header, AEM CAI, and I just want to run around tearing my cloths off, screaming beligerently, and spitting, and twitching, and foaming; because its finally done.

Comment

Originally posted by adamkob32
          lol 10-15 extra. I think if anyone was going to try and make a few extra bucks off this it would be Andrew for all of his time working on them hahah.

--Adam
          I doubt that is Jamie Q's main intention. I'd like if SOMEONE was able to buy/make extras for those who aren't going to in on the group buy. I have no money right now, and I'm not even sure I'd want this, but if a year from now I do, it'd be cool if someone had spares, even if they were marked up like 5-10%.
          - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment

Very true, I guess if someone did want to foot the bill for that it's not a bad idea.

I'm at work now, so I'm gonna start looking at bushings. I'm thinking a 1.5 to 2 inch OD bushing should be good. Any input? The Cobalt one someone suggested is like almsot 5 inches if I remember. Not even sure we could make that work with the room we have.

--Adam

Comment

Found one potential bushing here, made by Energy Suspension. Prothane is a bitch to find measurements on. This bushing is 2" OD with a 1/4" flange and a overall length of 2.5". Barrel for the bushing will need to measure 2" ID x 2" Length. Sleeve accept a 5/8" Bolt. They are $15 for two complete bushings. So basically 7.50 a bushing.

Model is 9.9485,
              http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/pr ... rod=9.9485

--Adam

Comment

So a week after I post my thread on my idea about someone making a new version of the TAM (which everyone throught was a horrible idea) we have this? LOL
                I'm in btw
                2000 SL2 5 speed, boosted, meth injected, parted out...268whp &amp; 254wtq (stock pump maxed out)..

Comment

I should have a price for you guys my Monday, I still have a few places to call that arent open today.

Hey Jamie if you want an extra 10-15 that would probably lower the overall cost because Im gonna have a machine shop waterjet the main bracket, and according to the bushing place you get discounts for larger orders.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticPower8500
                    So a week after I post my thread on my idea about someone making a new version of the TAM (which everyone throught was a horrible idea) we have this? LOL
                    I'm in btw
                    Did you, I don't even remember seeing it. Here's the original post with a few different mounts,
                    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31861

--Adam

Comment

So right now anywhere from 20-35. Id say the more we get the better the prices get. I'll ask how much for 20, and then get another price for 40 and see if its any better.

That looks like 1/4" on the ecotec one, is that ok with everybody?

Comment

Originally posted by psyco940
                        from your experience & point of view whats your opnion. I rather go thicker than thinner since it is a motor mount. But if we have anyone who has experience with this please speak up. Rather be safe than sorry.
                        Honestly, 1/4" is pretty damn hard to bend. I bet you could actaully go 3/16", but we'll just run 1/4" to be safe.

Originally posted by dream36realms
                        simply put, if it is under $150 and after june first I WILL buy it regardless of whether I sell the coupe. If it is before June first I won't have the money. If it is over that price I would have to think hard about the future of the turd. In other words if I buy a really expensive part I would have to keep it.

I am 100% sure it will be under $150 lol
                        Im pretty sure these will be done in 2-3 weeks tops (depending on how long the bushings take to get here, machine shop, powdercoating etc....). It also depends on how long it takes everybody to pay.

Originally posted by adamkob32

If I had to guess under 100. Andrew will need to tack onto the cost as well for this welding and his time with the project. But materials I don't see being bad.

--Adam
                        $100 would be the very top of the scale if I had to guess...we'll see what the shops say though. Im expecting around $20-25 per piece (for machining) but Ive been wrong before lol.

Originally posted by dream36realms
                        powdercoat would be nice but billet would be better

If I had a TIG I would honestly try to do these in billet aluminum...but while Im confident I could make a strong weld with my MIG, it most likely would not be the most beautiful thing I have ever made haha

Comment

I'd love a better mount, but not sure it meets the requirement for STS.

"14.10 J. Engine mounts may be replaced, but must attach in the factory
                          location(s) without additional modification or changes. Engine position
                          may not be changed. The volume of metal in a replacement
                          mount may not be increased relative to the volume of metal found
                          in a stock mount for the particular application.
                          Solid metal mounts
                          are specifically prohibited. Any non-metallic inserts may be used."

Comment

it would not be legal in that class according to that reg you posted. If you paint it black you may be able to slide
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Budman
                              I'd love a better mount, but not sure it meets the requirement for STS.

"14.10 J. Engine mounts may be replaced, but must attach in the factory
                              location(s) without additional modification or changes. Engine position
                              may not be changed. The volume of metal in a replacement
                              mount may not be increased relative to the volume of metal found
                              in a stock mount for the particular application.
                              Solid metal mounts
                              are specifically prohibited. Any non-metallic inserts may be used."
                              I'm thinking if we used the thinner metal is may work. I guess we could easily tell if we got the weight of each assembled mount, and hope the new one is lighter? Since they are both steel?

--Adam

Comment