No announcement yet.

Request ms2 v3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not bad for low boost. A t28 probably be better for a sohc. Its rear to to see a single cam boosted. I have a dohc and I'm running a .63ar. To .53 . Just dont go high boost with those turbos. Their good starters. Their are some good ones out their. But for 200 more you can get a turbonetic. From what I was told about our cars is you want the turbo to kick in at 3 to 4k. It give you a buffer zone for your rods. Our stock rods are strong but not strong enough. To me froge is only a buffer zone. Even thow you can throw more at it. Have you been to turbosaturn.net. .. sc2sick has alote of his info on here but the sight does have more. It's still up and going. Look up 220 or bust. And eans turbo facks. theirs alote of info on that sight. If your a researcher. It is a dead sight just to let you know but the info is damn good. the osg guy. Original Saturn God. If you find his page. I swear he gets his info here and off of turbosaturn.net. plus his sight is more of a biography about home then anything elce.

Comment

Screenshot_20190724-214357_Gallery.jpg
      You have more room than I do. I havent took any new pics yet. But that was a test slap in to see how much room I have and what size of fans I can fit plus I'm building my down spout
      Attached Files

Comment

so i may have exaggerated when i said boost comes in at 4k, looking at logs it started at 2.6k and built to 1.2psi at 3k and thats all the boost my tractor supply spring has. so i guess this turbo will work well with the rite spring.
        I have my fan on the front of the radiator and behind the intercooler, it gave me alot more room for activity's. this car was very easy to fit everything on, like it was meant to be.

Comment

Now that she has been reborn its time for a name and im going with Starla. S class Turbo and saturns early milestone cARLA.... its perfect

Comment

Your turbo doesn't come with a adjustable wastegate. 8psi should be a fun ride if you look for a better spring. 6psi will be a good all day daily

Comment

I put in another spring and it's giving me 5.4psi and it feels n sounds good, i can really feel when it kicks in now. 5psi should be good for a daily, im running super fat right now so im sure when i lean it out a bit she will rip. She also makes nice flutter noises so i couldnt be happier with this build
              I also want to add for anybody that might be referencing this in the future that my idle problem with it changing every startup has been solved by turning the stepper to always on.

Comment

Fluttering is bad...that is a sign of compressor surge. I better BOV should solve that.

Set your target a/f's in boost to 12.0 and let autotune do its thing. After a few runs it should pull the fuel pretty close. Then you can slowly pull the a/f back to around 12.5 and take it to the dyno for ignition tuning.
                -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

I left out the bov so i would get flutter, i am just going for noises with this build. And as far as damaging the turbo well its an ebay turbo on a sohc....

Comment

Working...
                  X