Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

timing advance turbo pump gas

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • timing advance turbo pump gas

    what kind of timing numbers have you been able to run on a 1st gen sl2?

    im running ms2, ebay t3/t4, 93 pump gas, 8psi.... i know theres plenty of other variables...

    just wondering roughly what people have run. i have it at 15* in boost... definatly starts laying over around 5800-6000k rpm. i was going to give it a little more timing above 5k to see what it likes.


    No i havent checked a plug yet. I have very little time on the car... literally about 30mins getting the fuel sorted out. i will throw new plugs in and start throwing some timing at it ect...

  • #2
    Originally posted by swapaholic View Post
    what kind of timing numbers have you been able to run on a 1st gen sl2?

    im running ms2, ebay t3/t4, 93 pump gas, 8psi.... i know theres plenty of other variables...

    just wondering roughly what people have run. i have it at 15* in boost... definatly starts laying over around 5800-6000k rpm. i was going to give it a little more timing above 5k to see what it likes.


    No i havent checked a plug yet. I have very little time on the car... literally about 30mins getting the fuel sorted out. i will throw new plugs in and start throwing some timing at it ect...
    Here is what I am running. Had it up to 12psi or so. T04e on 93. Pulls hard until 6000 or so like yours. Only extra done is twin intake cam mod, 1 tooth retarded on exhaust side.

    Edit* I see you are the smart car guy. Nice swap!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cgg17; 02-09-2022, 09:41 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cgg17 View Post

      Here is what I am running. Had it up to 12psi or so. T04e on 93. Pulls hard until 6000 or so like yours. Only extra done is twin intake cam mod, 1 tooth retarded on exhaust side.

      Edit* I see you are the smart car guy. Nice swap!
      thanks ill have to take a look at that tonight when i can open that file....


      my update.... im on 9.5 psi and 20* 93 pump.....

      i can post up mine aswell.

      Comment


      • #4
        here would be whats on mine now.... i want to get to a dyno soon to dial in the timing.... and find out what shes making.


        and yes this is the smart car!
        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by swapaholic View Post
          here would be whats on mine now.... i want to get to a dyno soon to dial in the timing.... and find out what shes making.


          and yes this is the smart car!
          On my setup, at 7psi we threw a couple degrees at it, and it did not do anything. Took a few off, and it also did not do anything. So we left it rather conservative. Let me know what you find out when yours gets tuned, I am curious to see the end result.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cgg17 View Post

            On my setup, at 7psi we threw a couple degrees at it, and it did not do anything. Took a few off, and it also did not do anything. So we left it rather conservative. Let me know what you find out when yours gets tuned, I am curious to see the end result.
            sounds good. its been super cold here while ive been street tuning it so im going off butt dyno and plugs. if you look at my timing chart i do take alot out around what i believe is peak torque and then add it back in up top. Butt dyno saw some gains going from 15* up to 17-18 and then 20 way up top rpm. seems to pull pretty hard to about 6800-7000. ill will try to record video otherwise go in as much detail about my dyno session as much as possible.

            Comment

            Related Topics

            Collapse

            Working...
            X