Backfires at 5k in 3rd gear and up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satty98 View Post
    I did just got done slapping a new pump in. It's a high flow pump. The same as I'm use for my other satty for boost. It's a quantum 255lph. Their is a little bit of modding to do if you use their filter witch I did the mod. But she starts up quicker and better. My o2 will be in on Tuesday. They sent the wrong one. I'm running 92 headers with is the 14mm thread and they sent me the 18mm I havent test drive it. The wife's out and I at home with the kids. Tomorrow I'll take her for a test drive and I'll check back in to see if I have any progress
    I cannot find a 14mm O2 sensor for my 1992 header set either. I ordered two off of rockauto and they both came as 18mm. Update this if you find one, please. Thanks.

Comment

I found one. Autozone it took 5 days but they have denso at the where house. Rockauto.com did the same thing to me. You can buy a 21/32s drillbit and a 18mm tap and that will let you able to use the new o2s

Comment

So for some reason I have low fuel pressure to the injectors. I did put a quantum 255lhp fuel pump witch is working correctly. But for some reason the fuel filter witch I replaced is toast. It's only a year old. But. The old pump that I just replaced was literally falling apart. I did find aluminum in my tank. Witch I think my old pump sucked one up some how. The filter to the old pump the screen before interning the tank had a hole in it. I bet I have. Peace of aluminum in my filter . Does anyone know of a returnless fuel filter that will allow more flow to the injectors. My turbo satty is running a return fuel system. I did find one that close to our design. It's for a vw 2.0 engine. It can hold up to 5.9 bar of pressure on this filter. But if anyone else knows of anything else. Share the knowledge

Comment

Return style is the way to go for turbo. The fuel pressure will increase with boost. With a returnless style as the boost increase the effective fuel pressure is lower because there is less of a pressure difference between the fuel and the intake manifold...this will make the injectors act like smaller injects as the boost comes up.
          -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
          1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
          1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Working...
          X