97 SC2 instrument cluster schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 SC2 instrument cluster schematic?

I'm looking for a place to pick up power, ground, and illumination behind the gauge cluster, for some extra gauges I'm installing. I know I could simply tap into the stereo wiring, but I'd prefer to use the wiring that's right there, to save myself the routing and zip ties. The Haynes manual schematics are borderline useless, and I can't find my FSM.

EDIT: Hell, all the schematics for a 97.ive got a lot more in the works, and this Haynes manual really does suck donkey balls.
    Last edited by ExHempKnight; 05-15-2019, 06:37 PM.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

The online schematics have always been lackluster on SI. But here are a couple of places you can pull power.

-6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks, Sam.

Is there anything in that schematic about the theater lights? Those will give me the dimming wire, and that's all I need.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

No... those were found in the engine schematics. They only offer engine and automatic transmission schematics. Like I said...very lackluster.

Comment

Ah well. I suppose I could bust out the meter and probe pins for a while.

Thanks again.

Comment

I think the dimmer switch wire colors are the same between the years. They are PWM too so you may need to set you meter to the frequency setting to find the right wire.

Comment

Hmm. That being the case, I might as well just splice into the stereo wiring. I'm sure I can find the right wires behind the cluster, but I'm not sure the gauges I'm installing will like a PWM signal.

Comment

Working...
              X