Power Steeing pump swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steeing pump swap

has anyone here tried swapping out the DOHC EVO pump for the non EVO pump for less assist while running these cars on track???? please share your experiences i need as much first hand experience as i can possibly get
    NASA
    "WE DRIVE HARDER"

I thought the not electronic one gave you full assist all the time. The evo just restricts the PS assist to reduce assist at higher MPH's.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Originally posted by S.Bretz View Post
      I thought the not electronic one gave you full assist all the time. The evo just restricts the PS assist to reduce assist at higher MPH's.
      That's how I understand it.
      2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

thats how i got it to i just bought a new pump and swapped over my reservoir and just replaced the lines some day i may just go to a manual rack but if anyone has any more info i am all ears
        NASA
        "WE DRIVE HARDER"

Comment

Are you required to have power steering or is it of major assistance with your kind of racing? You could always depower the power rack. I believe there is a writeup in the suspension section.
          Sixthsphere.com Owner
          2016 Honda Fit
          2002 Saturn SC2 - RHD
          2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax

Comment

lol, I posted a possible fix for you in your thread in the performance section. the non-evo pumps give full assist always, so your best option is a 'kill' switch. tutorial in the how-to section.

you just bought a evo, or non-evo pump?
            96 sc2m - whore.
            - $3.7k to go till completion..

Comment

Well i purchased the evo pump. However i can easily switch it to non evo. Because when you buy a replacement pump it it comes with a non evo adapeter already installed. You have to switch your evo over to the new pump
              NASA
              "WE DRIVE HARDER"

Comment