need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

ok I put a stock motor in my car an can't get it yo start I've bought everything under the hood new I dont have any idea,Im not getting a sparkan I have new ignition parts
    the car 1996 an the motor is 1995
    yes I swaped all My old sensors over had to
    Ok I'll try it tonight thanks

man I'm so happy I got it to run

THANKS I GOT IT TO START Thanks again

Re: need help

Originally posted by beast
    ok I put a stock motor in my car an can't get it yo start I've bought everything under the hood new I dont have any idea,Im not getting a sparkan I have new ignition parts
    ignition control module
    crank position sensor
    coolant temp sensor
    English: Put it in the butt <br />Spanish: Metalo en el culo <br />French: Je vais t'enculer <br />Italian:Immettalo nel culo <br />German: Steck es ins Arsch ein <br />Dutch: Zet hem in het doelwit<br />Greek: Valto mesa sto kolo <br />Portuguese: Meta-o no cu <br />Russian: ?????? ? ??? (zasun' v zad) <br />Turkish: Gأ¶tأ¼ne koymak <br />Norwegian: Anbringer det i klubben <br />Armenian: Voreet Meche Beedee Khotem <br />Danish: Stik det op i roeven <br />Icelandic: Troddu أ¾vأ­ upp أ­ rassgatiأ° أ، أ¾أ©r <br />Japanese: Oshiri nioru

Comment

What year is your car for one....
      Then, what year is the engine?
      Did you swap all your old sensors over? (shoulda done that)

I would say he probably swapped the ICM over with it... but I don't think he did with the CPS... I could be wrong.... am I?

Comment

A lot of people forget to plug in the CPS because it's hard to see once the motor is in. I would definitely check that first.
        2004 Silver Subaru Forester 2.5XT: Blouch TD05 18G XT turbo, Clark Turner stage 5 tune @ 22psi, GMS turbo back, DW 850cc injectors, Walbro 255, Perrin 3 port EBCS, STI IC, WRX susp., STI rear sway bar, Silicon turbo inlet, phenolic intake spacers.

2002 Green Jeep Liberty Limited: 2" Old Man Emu lift. Wrangler Rubicon MOAB wheels, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, K&N intake.

Comment

You do know your car is OBDII and the engine is OBDI right? Did you swap issues?

All sensors on the old engine need to go bye bye. Also, if you're not getting spar, AGAIN, check the CPS. I may have one out of a '00 if you need one, just give me the word and I can send it to you..... they're not cheap from the store or stealership.

Go to Autozone and rent an OBDII scanner, hook it up to the car, and try to start it. It should tell you the problem. They're pricy, but you get your money back once you return it.

Comment

I would double check all of the grounds too before jumping to too many conclusions. In particular the grounds above the starter.

James
            sigpic
            Click these links for my many projects
            Shaved, Boosted, Purple Race Car
            '64 C10 Build Officially LQ/NV3500 Swapped and Bagged
            Soon to be bagged, LS Powered, '62 Impala

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSL2
              I would double check all of the grounds
              Yeah, and double check the back of the ICM as well... I know you say it's new, but if the surface it's mounted to is all corroded to hell... it's not exactly going to work like it should.

Comment