Idle Sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Sticking

the idle is sticking at about 4k rpm, throttle body is not stuck, injectors are not stuck open, what else could it be?

iac valve?
    vac leak?

Comment

sounds like a vacuum leak

Comment

Originally posted by SupraCharged007
        sounds like a vacuum leak
        [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/plus1.gif[/img]
        [img width=600 height=150]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/wejag665buljx09mu77e.jpg[/img]<br />99SL2 w/97SC2M Engine/Trans Swap, CAI, 2.25 Custom Exhaust

Comment

check PCV valve and the vaccum line... check the one running to the block under the Intake mani too

the elbows on the PCV are waht did it for me

Comment

I ran over the vacuum lines real quick cause that's what I thought it was, maybe I'll have to do it more thoroughly.

I don't have a pcv just so ya know [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Comment

TPS....they also go out alot..
              [quote author="Saturndriver"] Imma have my car runnin like ''damn'' lol.[/quote]

Comment

mine is doing the same thing. but its fluctuates around 1800 to 2200. and if i turn the car off it will idol around 800, but after i drive a minute, it goes back up to 1800 to 2200.

its a 2000 sl2 5 speed, and there isnt an ses light

Comment

I had the break booster hose blow up on be about a month ago...it started idleing REALLY high and the vac lines looked of.

If you have some t-body cleaner, or carb cleaner, start spraying it in susupected spots. You will hear the engine flood out when you find your leak.....if its bouncing off the limitor, then the rpms will start to climb over the limit as the engine burns the t-b cleaner.
                  -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
                  1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
                  1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment