X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 SL2 CLUTCH ISSUE

Ok, the facts.

New clutch. dream36realms assured me it was a 1st gen design
    94 hydraulics. (the 95 slave was broked, so replaced the whole system)
    Resurfaced flywheel

The problem

The clutch WILL NOT disengage. It wont go into gear when running, and when i try to start in gear, it just jerks forward.

Suggestions?

did you check the fork after you installed the tranny?
    98&#39; SC-2 forged high compression on the bottle<br />84&#39; Z-28 building a 383. hoping for around 500 hp on pumped gas<br />91&#39; K1500 toy hauler but will be replaced again soon<br /><br />[img width=350 height=40]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/976/stc_banners-twiztidsc-2.jpg[/img]

Comment

Sounds like you bent he friction disc...Did you let the tranny hang one while you reached for a bolt?
      -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
      1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
      1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

wow....im having the same problem for the same car...
        <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

what I had to do was

to push the car out to the street ( ware there is no trafc )

than put it into 1st gear with the motor off

have a buddy push the car wile turnning the key to use the starter to get rolling

than as you drive the car for 2 to 6 blocks jentely push the clutch in malltatude of times ( make shor you get your foot off the pedel every time ) this lets the air bubbles out of the master

with in 6 blocks every thing was working for me

Comment

lol, same problem with my 95 sc2

Comment

Never hand that problem unless something was wrong...I reused a pressure plate that played catch with a diff pin and it would drag.

If it ain't working thenyou screw something up, or something is screwed up mechanically.
              -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
              1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
              1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

you might as well take the trans back off and see whats not working...dont drive it just see what isnt working....and as long as you werent messing with that slave i dont see how you got air in it...my two cents
                <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

well, i took the slave out, and stuck my finger in there. I cant move the fork around too much, but it has a bit of play. The trans didnt hang while i went for a bolt. no. the motor was on the stand, i dropped the tranny onto it and bolted it down. I did this while it sat vertically. I am going to have to separate the engine and trans and take a peek in there.

Comment

did the trans slide on smoothly or did you use the bolts to pull it together?

if you used the bolts, busted pressure plate.
                    07 Redline w/ stuff.<br /><br />89 Civic hatch w/o stuff.<br /><br />96 SL2 that dont need stuff.

Comment

slid on smooth as greased ice. i am going to pull the trans off the motor next week and see what i can find.

Comment

This may sound dumb, but how hard were the bolts to put in for the pressure plate?

James
                        sigpic
                        Click these links for my many projects
                        Shaved, Boosted, Purple Race Car
                        '64 C10 Build Officially LQ/NV3500 Swapped and Bagged
                        Soon to be bagged, LS Powered, '62 Impala

Comment

not hard. spacing was an issue, because we used 13mm bolts instead of the 10mm. but the bolts threaded down just fine, and then we torqued them. why do you ask? over torqued/ mis aligned PP?

Comment

im having the exact same problem with my 95 SL2.....if i get mine out before you ill let you know whats up

Comment

thanks man. next week i ought to have time to get around to it.

Comment