? about goodridge brake lines: update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about goodridge brake lines: update

I just did a rear disc swap on my 2000 SL2 today. I threw on Powerslots, Hawk HPS pads and the Goodridge SS brake hoses on all four corners. The problem I encountered was on the front left/drivers side. On these cars, the fittings on this side are larger. The SS brake lines were both the same size for the front, so the driver's side wouldn't fit. Anyone else have this problem? Is the company good at replacing stuff like this or am I just screwed?

I had the exact problem I ended up taking them off and put the originals on until I could get to a shop who hooked me up with some kind of fitting.
    sigpic

Comment

hmmm, mine were correct when I got em. Give them a call, I bet they'll switch it out for you

Comment

Yea mine were correct too, call them.

--Adam
        2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

Originally posted by adamkob32

--Adam
          Agreed.

The only problem I had, ironically on the front left drivers side, was where the clip attached to hold the fitting in place. For some reason the metal tap was larger there than the other three lol, so I just had to grind it down some for the Goodrich clip to fit.
          1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

I don't know, bought mine last year and didn't get around to putting them on. Something to look out for I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic Fury
              Originally posted by adamkob32

--Adam
              Agreed.

The only problem I had, ironically on the front left drivers side, was where the clip attached to hold the fitting in place. For some reason the metal tap was larger there than the other three lol, so I just had to grind it down some for the Goodrich clip to fit.
              I had to rig my left front clamp too now that I think about it lol

Comment

I found these at Tire Rack for $108+shipping. Anywhere you know of for a better price or from a vender who supports Saturn performance?

Comment

That's the best place for em that I could find. Good ppls to, I'd recommend them.

Comment

Originally posted by SupraCharged007
                    That's the best place for em that I could find. Good ppls to, I'd recommend them.
                    +1 Tire Rack it is.

--Adam
                    2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

Well, I finally got around to calling them and they seemed to have no problem replacing them. They just called it a "warranty" thing. It's just gonna take about a week for them to get the parts and make a new line for me. They were pretty cool and easy about it, which is to be expected from a company with their rep., so unless you hear from me again about it you can all assume it went well. It must've just been some dumb mistake in packaging. I wouldn't worry about buying these. And they feel great!

Comment