gauge pod install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauge pod install

I just bought a 05 ion quadcoupe. Im swapping out the stock black face gauge pod for the silver face redline gauge pod. Does anybody know exactly what I need to take apart to do this and how [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif[/img]

look in the DIY section, there is a thread on how to replace the cluster bulbs with LEDs. you can follow that procedure

Comment

That thread doesn't tell you how to get to the gauges,just how to put leds in them after you have them out.

Comment

Has anybody done this or know of any references I can refer to on what I need to do [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_question.gif[/img]

Comment

the gauges are a solid one piece not 3 seperat things
          Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
          Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

Oh yeah,I know. What Im asking is how do I take apart the dash to get to the gauges,so I can replace the whole thing.

Comment

Find out and take pictures along the way with an explination of each step, that way the next person will know.

Man...just start takign shit apart...Start with the cluster cover.
              -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
              1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
              1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

under the cluster cover there is a semi-hidden 7mm bolt. remove it and you can pop the gauge cover piece off of it's tabs, then there's 3 more bolts teh same size, remove them. the clip is on the back of the gauges and is kinda funky to remove/reattach. don't force it, you'll see how it works when you get a look at it.

doesn't the redline gauges go higher than qc? don't be suprised if you run into problems as to what it reads.
                -Vinny

Comment

redline goes up to 140 iirc
                  Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

Thanks Schizzo97/SC2. Thats what I was looking for, just some general direction. I didn't want to dismantle the whole dash if I didn't have to.

Comment

and fyi that thread about leds does tell you how to get to the gauges.

let me know if you need a hand with anything im in the flint area

Comment

I looked on the thread and site but couldn't find anything,I must have missed it.
                        What problems might I run into?

Comment

well for one thing the car might not regester the actual mileage

might have a service vehicle light

hell the sob might not want to even start (i doubt it)

our cars and electrical changes = headache

Comment

Thanks for the heads up AC66Bronco, I appreciate it. I guess worse case scenerio I put the stock gauges back in.

Comment

yup and dont be alarmed to have a ses light it will go away just ignore it

Comment