crank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crank question

so i was looking over my crank today and in basically the middle journal theres a big ring waore into the side next to where the connecting rod rides, i['m guessing this isn't suppose to be there right

the ghetto machine shop in town said they can weld it and crap for 90 bucks

but if for some reason its suppose to be there and me not know i don't wanna pa for nothing basically
    2000 sl2 5 speed *for sale*<br />1998 SC2 forged motor, turbo sold<br />1992 sc2 turbo sold

just get a new remanned crank

do not use that one for a forged rebuild

Comment

B.C. is right but pics would help anyway.
      [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

doesn't sound good.

Pics?

Comment

Im guessing wear from the thrust bearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon94sc2
            Im guessing wear from the thrust bearing.
            That's what it sounds like to me. Did your rpm get a little goofy when you pressed the clutch in?....crank wizalk FTL.
            -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
            1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
            1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

sorry i was a little drunk when i posted but yeah it was definitly crank walk, the crank shop welded it and reground everything

running oversized bearings now
              2000 sl2 5 speed *for sale*<br />1998 SC2 forged motor, turbo sold<br />1992 sc2 turbo sold

Comment