Lookin for Info...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for Info...

Does anyone know where to acquire a complete 2006 ION RedLine service manual ON CD???

You will have to contact GM for that....its illegal for a dealer to sell that to you. Just found that out last week, something with the rights to the materail are ALWAYS GM's and you can't see the material without there consent.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Originally posted by S.Bretz
      You will have to contact GM for that....its illegal for a dealer to sell that to you. Just found that out last week, something with the rights to the materail are ALWAYS GM's and you can't see the material without there consent.
      That's fuckin' gay... what happens if the damn warranty expires? They gonna force you to take it to the dealership instead let you save money the DIY way?

Comment

Originally posted by project92SC2
        That's fuckin' gay... what happens if the damn warranty expires? They gonna force you to take it to the dealership instead let you save money the DIY way?

DUH
        Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
        Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

I;m sure there are books you can buy...but the GM service manuals on disc are pwnt by GM...'all rights reserved' kinda shit. Soe peps got into some shit at a stealership for Ebaying that shit.

Comment

I;m sure there are books you can buy...but the GM service manuals on disc are pwnt by GM...'all rights reserved' kinda shit. Soe peps got into some shit at a stealership for Ebaying that shit.
            what about the books???
            Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

Books bauhgt by the dealership are pwned by the dealership...they can resell them if they want...there is just something wierd with the software. I don't think the dealership pays for the software, but rather a licsence to access it...

...now we don't even get discs. We access the info threw the gmdealerworld.com website.

Comment

damnit need a username and password

Comment

lol you thought that was free?

wishful thinking aye?

Comment

Originally posted by SupraCharged007
                    lol you thought that was free?

wishful thinking aye?
                    just a bit

Comment

well

On my prior car I managed to acquire a complete "copy" of my 2002 Mazda Protege5 on CD from a friend.

I was simply wondering if anyone here had one for the ION RedLine.... I'm sure with the proper research it's available...

Comment