Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more crap issues.. solved

hey,

well i fixed the old stuff a while ago, and its been good since then and now until yesterday after school it acted up weird.

i was beating on the car with some frineds in it, didnt miss a gear or anything but on the highway redlining the whole time, blah blah then the ses light flashes, then went solid, stopped at a gas station, open the hood oil good, coolant lvl good, etc. looked at my air filter it was broken in 1 pieces.. so i was sucking in pure non filtered air..

i got the codes read, miss fire in 3rd cylinder, and DTC P0141 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 codes.. i checked my plugs all but #3 was at .40 gap, ngk vpower oem stuff, the #3 was gapped somehow to .28 so i threw that out and put a new one in at correct gap. and i changed my filter to a different style.

noticed that my car is jerking after i shift into any gear only when its warmed up/ semi warmed up. not sure if its missfiring still, or if its tranny related..

its a 97 sl2 5spd with 185,000km

thanks
    2004 Ion Redline Blue sunroof, advance audio, nexen rubber more to come..
    <br />
    <br />97 sl2 5spd [email protected] SOLD

SOunds like the filter got sucked into #3 and smooshed the bround strap some.

I woudn't worry about it too much unless the compressor is low....in that case, it porbably wasn't the fliter, but more likly a peice of the piston ring land coming off and send the ground strap home.

The O2 code is for the heater element...its most like shorted out or the resistance is going wacky due to a bad connection some place. Inspect the wire and make sure it didn't contanct the exhaust ad melt a couple wires together....its the after cat sensor (2nd o2 sensor).
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

cool, i plan to do a compression test tomorrow to see whats going on in that cylinder, but idle is good and still pulls hard in the gears. and the light just went off like 5 mins ago i went for a drive. but dont know whats doing on with it, i am gonna bring it on the hoist to see whats going on under the car tomorrow at work, see if one the wires got melted or whatnot i might just hook it up to the scan tool to see if i got activity on it as well.
      <br />

Comment

ok just got back from driving the wife to her gf place. codes came back, it only does the jerk on acceleration never on de accell, or anything else.. just on accelleration.

which kinda blows..
        <br />

Comment

You useing MSD coils?...try putting stock coil on...also, check for corrosion on the coil tower, and if that doesn't help, try swapping in a spare wire if you have one.

It kinda sounds like a spark plug connector with a bad connection, like its starting to pull away from the wire.

Comment

nope all i have is just on the list bellow

and nope completely stock, i just used oem stuff, i have a spare coil, and the wires i have i got a liftime warranty so i am gonna swap one out, and gonna check the resistance of the wire see if i managed to fry it somehow.

some of the monkeys at school say i might of had a backfire in the intake when i was beating on it, while shifting.
            <br />

Comment

DOught that...I would stop listening to them unless you where spraying...an your were not.

I used to use the cheap Exact Fit wires. They did ok......until you pulled the wire off to check the plugs. Just about everytime, one of those damned connectors stayed stuck to the plug. Happened to my friend with his Civic too. Just spend the cash on the OEM's or Advacned Discount has some wires called MagStar that are pretty good. Never had problems with them , but they only have a 2 yr warranty on them.

Comment

i got an borsh premium wires, they were recommended highly from tsn when ian did his testing with the wires, from like 4-5 companys.

when i put the wirea nd plugs like 3-5 months ago when i did them i checked for the lowest resistance in all the plugs.

so they arent he crappy ones that disconnect like i had on my sohc.
                <br />

Comment

long stroy short, dude at work is a jerkhole... he swapped my 1 and 4 coil plug to each other aka 1 to 4 and 4 to 1

and that caused all my issues.. figures..
                  <br />

Comment