Smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking

First i wanted to thank supercharged/ billy for the carb cleaner idea to find the leak. I found it... It was the intake manifold gasket and i have replaced it. The engine runs smooth and sounds great but it smokes excessively. I replaced the head and all the gaskets are new. I used brake cleaner to clean head. It also idles low, around 500rpm. Egr is blocked off but not pluged into anything and i still haven't tapped the coolant tube for the second sensor.
    poop

Anyone? I doubt it could be the bottom end cause it was fine before.
    poop

Comment

What color smoke?

The idle could be from the coolant sensor not being hooked up...if its not plugged in, it will ploom out black smoke and idle really low. Just pluggin it in while the engine bay is cold, but the coolant temp is rising will cause it to run rich too and ploom out black smoke.

Did you forget to plug the IAC in?

Is the IAC clean?

Put you finger over the hole for the IAC. the engine should idle about 600 with you finger over the hole, turn the car off, plug the IAC back in, it should relearn idle if the IAC is good.

If you have white smoke, its most likly a crappy oil control rings.
      -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
      1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
      1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Iac is fine. What rings?
        poop

Comment

Piston Rings.

Comment

Wouldn't the smoke be blue sam?
            [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

Blue-ish white-ish for oil...white for water/steam, and black from over rich.
              -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
              1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
              1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Its blueish white... Could it really be the piston rings? The bottom end ran fine before i switched heads. Its been smoking since i first started it after the swap. theres nothing else it can be?
                poop

Comment

just do a piston soke

Comment

Originally posted by BC. Livewire
                    just do a piston soke
                    +1
                    Or run about 1/2 a can of seafoam through your PCV and then let it sit for a couple of hours. I'm sure you could do the piston soak with the seafoam also. You may have not had the surfaces clean enough on the head/block for the HG to seal right but still give you decent compression #'s. Are you for sho that your car is burning oil? Read, do you look @ your dipstick everyday before you start it for a week and 1/2 to make sure that your oil level is dropping noticeably while not adding oil until it gets low? Get some good data for us and we can help you better.
                    [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

yeah that too ^^^^^^

seafoam rocks

Comment

whats seafoam? Im going to get a compression done this week. I would check to see if its burning but i do not drive the car yet... So far i only start it for a little while and have driven it around the block twice. Should I just leave it running?
                        poop

Comment

Go to the parts store. Hell... even Meijers carries it. You'll see it.... it's in a big metal can.

Comment

Working...
                          X