clutch ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch ?

well i just bought a welded diff so when me adn my dads friend take the tranny out i want to do a new clutch since mine chatters like a MOFO. The car is stayin NA but i want somethin a little more performance and stiffer than stock......what one do you guys suggest....also should i just go ahead and do a light weight flywheel while im at it?
    92 SC daily beater l 77 chevy 4x4 waiting to be fixed l 01 durango DD/toy hauler l 08 Mazda3 wifes new ride

Go stock clutch with a lightweight flywheel. It's not worth running the 6 puck if you don't need the extra holding power, IMO.
    -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
    -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
    -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
    -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Originally posted by The Shaolin
      Go stock clutch with a lightweight flywheel. It's not worth running the 6 puck if you don't need the extra holding power, IMO.
      very very very true
      -Vinny

Comment

but i thought there was like a street disc or something
        92 SC daily beater l 77 chevy 4x4 waiting to be fixed l 01 durango DD/toy hauler l 08 Mazda3 wifes new ride

Comment

yeah there is, I know dannsc2racer is running it. when we were working with the nitrous on his car it was grabbing great with back to back pulls of the 75 shot.
          -Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
            yeah there is, I know dannsc2racer is running it. when we were working with the nitrous on his car it was grabbing great with back to back pulls of the 75 shot.
            you got a link to it? and im assuming its stiffer that stock....i hate how easy the stocker is

Comment

I run the ACT street disc. Works great, and it holds real well. Don't let anyone else drive your car though, including the tire shop guys, as they will drop it like crazy with the lightened flywheel.
              [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

Originally posted by liamrh
                I run the ACT street disc. Works great, and it holds real well. Don't let anyone else drive your car though, including the tire shop guys, as they will drop it like crazy with the lightened flywheel.
                got a link as to where you bought it and a price? how much stiffer is it than stock?

Comment

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
                  If I was running just n/a I would go with just the act street disc, should be more than enough.
                  1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

well i just checked the ACT site....would it be dumb to go with the 4 instead of teh street disc....im not sure why its cheaper

Comment

It's not worth running the 6 puck (OR 4 PUCK) if you don't need the extra holding power, IMO.
                      -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                      -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                      -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                      -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                      -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

It's not worth running the 6 puck (OR 4 PUCK) if you don't need the extra holding power, IMO.
                        i got that its not worth is if i dont have that kind of power but the 4 puck is cheaper than the street disc so can someone tell me the disadvantage to running it....

Comment

chances are its unsprung so it's harsher engaugement

its only got 4 contact points so it should hold power fine but don't expect long or even decent life out of it

if the clamping is too hard don't be suprised if it causes crank walk, I wouldn't be suprised if the 6 puck already does that to an extent

in short, it's too strong of a clutch for your application. I'd use the street disc for anything short of 300whp if not around that, I was impressed with how strong it held and how streetable it was.
                          -Vinny

Comment

ok thanks that the answer i was looking for .....so i should get decent life out of the street disc correct?

Comment

another reason why not to get the 6 or 4 puck is, they will chatter like a mofo. so for most people they cant stand that.

now clutch feel, to me, with the act pressure plate feels very resonable. its not stiff, but its not soft. it has a very very good responsive feel. once again, to me, getting use to the feel takes nothing. if you go with an aluminum flywheel, it doesnt change engagement feel unless your not good with a clutch or gas pedal. the flywheel helps revs out, but can cut down on your mid to high end. i found that out pulling hills at 75-80mph in west virginia.

but driving on an act/aluminum flywheel isnt like what most say. hell when i first drove on my aluminum flywheel and i didnt notice any changes taking off (i.e over revving) but noticed a quicker rev. then my first time driving an act 6-puck i was in joes car and that was easier then messing with the stock clutch. although his stock shifter we put in it SUCKED! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]
                              Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
                              2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
                              2002 SC2-New daily
                              2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
                              2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

Working...
                              X