How to get interior door panels off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get interior door panels off?

I have all of the screws, (4), out, I have all the clips out, it seems to be caught by the door handle. I started to get dark out, so I can't figure it out just yet. So, how does it come off?

Thanks.

Man - I fought with my girls SC-2 door panels when I swapped out the speakers...I don't remember how many screws there were, but 4 sounds right....you'll know if the door feels loose, then you got them all...as for the door handle, you have to slide it either forward or back (can't remember which one) then pull it off. Don't forget to disconnect the door/lock cables.

Comment

gotta disconnect the lock and door handle rods from behind... should be able to pull the assembly out far enough to do so.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

you got to lift up and out after removing screws and lock/opener thingy, I broke my passenger side just to find out the shop who put my speakers in did the same but glued them(assholes I coulda done it myself)
        sigpic

Comment

yeah you need to remove the rods from the door handle, and pull it off. then you lift up on the door panel, not out.
          Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
          2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
          2002 SC2-New daily
          2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
          2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

what year is it, my door panels have the stupid little plastik retainers holding it on, you dont lift up to take it off just straight back and usually have to replace a couple of the plastic things

Comment

It's a 98 SL2.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SStampede
                It's a 98 SL2.

Thanks.
                Yeah, second gen removal is lifting up and out. There should be two phillips holding the lower handle and one phillips holding the lock mechanisim. Forward and out for the lock/door release and remove the two rods. I am not sure if the '98 had the small black push tab as well, it would be in the door jam part of the panel and toward the top but I am not sure if yours has that (or it may be a screw).
                1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

DIY guide - step by step with pictures. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]

http://spocnorth.com/HowToSite/DIYGuide ... rPanel.htm
                  SaturnSeries.net Owner
                  '99 SC2 Project Car build thread

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

cody(theoutlaw) if you ever read this, you should have before attempting to take yours out lawl

Comment