Chain Tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain Tensioner

So, heres the scoop. I got a new ebay timing kit. I threw out the old tensioner right away as to not mix it up with any of my stuff. I threw on my old tensioner last nigh so I could turn over the motor and see if everything was happy-go-lucky. I called the saturn dealership about getting a new tensioner, well, it it will take them three weeks to get it in stock... i want to have my car on the road by then. You guys think its ok to use the old tensioner? it has roughly 160K on it....

Goto another Saturn Dealership? or have someone goto another dealership on the forums, get you one and mail it to you. Won't take 3 weeks. Maybe 2-3 days.

I hope that's Saturn Timing Kit... not some after market one :-D
    - sinep

Comment

get one from sda
      i got all my timing chain shit from them

Comment

I reuse old tensioners all the time...as long as the plastic on the plunger is ok, and you can sqeeze it back down, then it shouldn't be clogged and it should be ok.....just try to get all the old oil out of it so that the chances of it gumming up are lower.
        -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
        1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
        1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

ok, assuming sam is serious, then my tensioner is good. no gunk, plastic is good, compresses all the way. so, i am going to reuse it, and if my motor blows, or i jump a tooth, i will pm sam the pics. jfwy! thanks guys.

Comment