Engine Rebuild or Gasket Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Rebuild or Gasket Kit?

I'm pretty much looking for the gasket kit for the entire motor, block and head, if i have to get a whole rebuild kit i will. The problem is, even with the wonders of google I still can't come across one for my 01 DOHC. I came close and found one site with kits up to 98 but nothing else. any ideas? I know they are out there, but where is the question.
    Village Machining Service
    Offering Big Bore Tapered Throttle Bodies, True Short Throw Shifters, Differential Pin Welding and Any Other Machining Service
    PM Me for Details

Your local dealership will have them, or can order them.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

I would rather not pay dealer pricing if possible
      Offering Big Bore Tapered Throttle Bodies, True Short Throw Shifters, Differential Pin Welding and Any Other Machining Service
      PM Me for Details

Comment

best place for it, beleive it or not. I got most of my rebuild kit at dealer and I did not spend that much. Plus it's actual GM Saturn parts so its good
        OMAR<br /> NY Biatch!!!<br /><br />FIRST PROJECT DONE AND GONE. POSSIBLY, MAYBE, A SECOND PROJECT IN THE FUTURE???<br />[img width=473 height=230]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/schizzo941/decent%20shots/omarflamesignature.gif[/img]

Comment

how much did you spend on it?
          PM Me for Details

Comment

I got timingh chain assembly, piston rings, gasket kit, rear main seal, mad bolts, cam gears, and few other things for like 350 or so maybe a little more but not much more
            OMAR<br /> NY Biatch!!!<br /><br />FIRST PROJECT DONE AND GONE. POSSIBLY, MAYBE, A SECOND PROJECT IN THE FUTURE???<br />[img width=473 height=230]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/schizzo941/decent%20shots/omarflamesignature.gif[/img]

Comment

I just rebuilt mine. I picked up bearings, rings and a felpro headgasket from SDA. The prices were good (I did shop around) and shipped fast. I had to pick up a felpro rear main seal locally at vatozone, I think it was.

I opted to go with the Saturn timing chain kit replacement though and pay the extra bucks. I have not heard many great things about the aftermarket timing stuff.
              1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

Complete OEM Saturn timing chain kit for like, $141 something from saturnparts. It's not listed, you need to order via part number. Someone's got it somewhere.
                -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

oops, i just got an aftermarket timing chain... keeping the oem tensioner, which, as far as in know the AM tensioners are the problem...

but, on topic, I got my gasket kit from ebay, like 220 shipped. included rings that i didnt use tho. beware however, my intake manifold gasket was fucked up. i say go dealer, dont cheap out like me.

Comment

i paid about $100 for a 98 overhaul kit from the dealer, but that was with my discount, you can prolly get it for about the same on saturnparts if they have it listed or if you know the PN

lol nm, its FREE!!!!! BUY NOW

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... atalogid=1

Comment

Actually, for all the gaskets you get with the complete kit, it ias actually slightly cheaper to buy them that way than to get all of them aftermarket. You get new intake, exhaust man gaskets, valve seals, head gasket, rear seal, TB gasket, egr gasket, oil galley plugs, etc. buy them all seperately, even aftermarket, costs slightly more.
                      OMG. I own too many saturns. Help me RAWR.

Comment