AEM Dryflow and Header Wrap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEM Dryflow and Header Wrap questions

I bought the AEM dryflow filter, for like 47$. Pretty good deal. Ayhow, I put it on my intake and it is uncomfortably close to the coolant line that goes from the top of te radiator to the head.

I also noticed that the coolant lines get pretty damn hot, and I was thinking maybe I can put header wrap on a section of them by the filter? What do you guys think?

thats what i did, header wrap is kinda pricey tho.

i have a cai now so it kinda keeps some of the heat off the intake tubing
    [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment

yeah I ordered it...I think, advacnce auto parts website is being gay.

Comment

I put some wire loom over that section of hose....same thing, only cheaper.
        LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
        visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

what site did u order from?

i cant ever find it...

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah
            I put some wire loom over that section of hose....same thing, only cheaper.
            I dont think it would insulate as much though dont you think?

Comment

more like a fire hazzard....... plastic near exhaust headers.........

"Do you smell something burning?" [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/other-flame.gif[/img]

Header Wrap or Ceramic coating (Dupli-color High Temp Spray enamel for exhaust manifolds)

Comment

Re: AEM Dryflow and Header Wrap questions

Originally posted by HighEnd777
                I bought the AEM dryflow filter, for like 47$. Pretty good deal. Ayhow, I put it on my intake and it is uncomfortably close to the coolant line that goes from the top of te radiator to the head.

I also noticed that the coolant lines get pretty damn hot, and I was thinking maybe I can put header wrap on a section of them by the filter? What do you guys think?
                yeah not sure how that's a fire hazard

honestly I.E. now that Jay brings it up, you just need shielding for that, not full on wrap. there's so much heat in the engine bay that you're already drawing in, there's not going to be much if any difference by using the wrap.

but hey, we can use it to wrap your intake piping since the finish got kinda fucked from the paint shop, eh? [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]
                -Vinny

Comment

Re: AEM Dryflow and Header Wrap questions

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
                  Originally posted by HighEnd777

yeah not sure how that's a fire hazard

my thoughts too. someone needs to probably stay out of tech section.

now my first radiator hose had the issue of being rubbed by my filter and battery tray. i replaced it and i had turned the hose downward so it would stay farther away from the filter and battery tray. it worked out fine for me, just twist the hose down a bit on the head and radiator, and it should clear fine.
                  Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
                  2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
                  2002 SC2-New daily
                  2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
                  2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

I went through this as well Frank. My battery is relocated so my Aem (short ram) pretty much rests on that radiator hose. I took some header wrap and wrapped the hose for the same reason, figuring that it would keep the heat in the hose. It seemed to work well, but looked kinda crappy, but who cares.

Upon the rebuild I did not do it again but just found the box of wrap I had left (from two other headers and that hose) and might do it again. One of these days I want to build a box to isolate the filter but with the turbo project starting now, it would be a waste of money.
                    1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment